346 bogs in the cut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmermike

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Went out today to cut some wood and when i started using the 346 it bogs real bad. Sometimes the motor even will die. I dumped the gas and ran some sea foam through it. Helped alittle. I also pulled the fuel filter and it was real clean. It idles ok. Any ideas? I have cut a couple cords up with already this year so hasn't been sitting. Just started acting up all of a sudden

Thanks for the help

Well, if it's been running good and now has gone south on you, I would doubt it is the carb settings. I would look carefully at the fuel line for holes. Also, have you cracked the fuel cap when you are having these symptoms? You could also pull the carb and check for trash, especially behind the screen.

Talk about fast responses! I did look over as much of the fuel line as I could see. I did check the gas cap. Didn't matter. After I put the sea foam in it and ran it, helped. When It's in the cut it bogs down and smokes a little. If I take it out it revs real free, Only happens under load. Probabley just some crap in the carb. Thanks for the help.

-Bad gas (ethanol overdose) ?
-Did it just now get cold there ? Maybe you were borderline lean earlier and the cold pushed it too far ?

Latest posts

Back