346xp high idle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sre09

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi. I have a 346xp husqvarna that idles way too high. I also noticed that primer bulb is disabled. Where do i need to look at?

Turn the idle screw clockwise till you get 2800rpm or nicely settled to where the chain don't move. Many people don't believe they need a primer bulb on a 50cc saw so they disable them, l would leave it unless you have starting difficulties. lf your idle won't come down by adjusting the screw, you may have bigger problems and need a pressure/vac test. lf that is the case it should not be run untill its repaired.

Turn the idle screw clockwise till you get 2800rpm or nicely settled to where the chain don't move. Many people don't believe they need a primer bulb on a 50cc saw so they disable them, l would leave it unless you have starting difficulties. lf your idle won't come down by adjusting the screw, you may have bigger problems and need a pressure/vac test. lf that is the case it should not be run untill its repaired.
I turn the idle screw but nothing happens, i dont have the tools to do a pressure/vac test

Some suggestions at the "bigger" issue;
-major airleak
-fuel leak
-faulty carb.

What i found i dont know if this is right, the seal on the clucth side i can rotate it with my hand, is that correct?

This isn't the seal, it's the worm gear. Take a look at the intake boot, the one fixed with the plastic clamp are often leaking.

What do you mean by radial play?
It should not have any side to side or in/out play/movement. If does, it needs bearings, but I've not run across a 346 with bad bearings and I've got a few of them with tons of hours.

Looks like a bad seal? Not hard to replace though.

It should not have any side to side or in/out play/movement. If does, it needs bearings, but I've not run across a 346 with bad bearings and I've got a few of them with tons of hours.

Looks like a bad seal? Not hard to replace though.
It has side to side play but in and out doesnt.

I dont know if in video you can see but when i move the seal the bearing moves also.

Latest posts

Back