346xp Jonsered ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CODIT

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me why Jonsered does'nt have a twin to the 346xp?There is a twin for almost every other big seller that they both produce? Just wondering if anyone has an answer or if maybe some light can be shed? Thanks:bang:

Jred 2147

They have had their version of the 346xp since late 2003 as I recall, but for some reason it has not been mede availiable in the US.

The model name is Jonsered 2147, and it is being made in several different versions - with or without heated handles, heated carb and cat.

Not sure I understand why they do that, as far as making a model available in one country and not another but I know that it happens with Jonsered quite a bit. Had not seen the 2147, except for here, and not seeing the specs, I did'nt know that it was an equal to the 346xp. If you have access to the specs would you mind posting them. I would certainly be interested in them and would like to purchase the 2147 if they ever make it available in the US.:(

They are here, at the UK website, although misplaced under the "chainsaw" heading - as opposed to under "super pro chainsaws"......

The Jred 2147 is listed as .2 kg heavier than the 346xp, and the vibe levels are listed as a bit lower. Otherwise it should be the same specs.

I'm a dealer for both and I wanted to get a 2147 so I looked into this myself. Tilton Equipment, which is the Jonsered importer for the US, makes the call on this. In their opinion, they don't feel that the sales would justify bringing it into this country. While it would certainly be a hit with the guys on the site, it wouldn't necessarily sell to the general public, who for the most part wouldn't understand it. This I think is the experience they had with the 2154/2155 years ago. Even thought it is the same as the 346, it would still have to go through the EPA certification process. And I don't think the 2147/346 generates the right kind of EPA credits anyway. It would be pointless to bring it in with a cat muffler like they did with the 2156. (The cat muffler on mine however, suffered an unexplained disapperance) :laugh:

That all being said, I would still like to see it in my store, because I think I would be able to sell them (Plus, I want one for myself)

One other thing I'm not clear on is what the future of the 346/2147 chassis is. I think I saw some posts that it is due to be replaced. Sawtroll; you always know this stuff. What's up?

spike60 said:
... One other thing I'm not clear on is what the future of the 346/2147 chassis is. I think I saw some posts that it is due to be replaced. Sawtroll; you always know this stuff. What's up?
I have to admit that I don't have a clue, not even rumors.

What I do know is that the chassis in question is a quite recent (and sound) design, so I don't think they will replace it in the near future unless EPA-related issues forces them to do so.

My wishful thinking is that there will be a four channel 50+ cc version, with the same or more power than the PS-5100, like Husky 352xp/Jred 2151.:laugh: :laugh:

Again I say its a shame that we cant get the 2147 in the states even though the 346xp is basically the same saw.:bang: I currently own an orange saw because of this.The 346xp is such a great saw I just about couldn't do without it in my tree business. Its the only Husky I have because I've been stuck on the Reds for so long (and thats about all I have). The weight speed and hp of the saw is great in the tree as well as on the ground. As you said earlier the 2147 would certainly sell to the professionals on this site as well as to many others in the states just like the 346xp has. It concerns me what may be down the road as far as future EPA-related issues for all of the 2-strokes. I hope I'm wrong!:buttkick: ! Thanks again for the info though Saw Troll and if any one hears other that Tilton is going export (2147)to the states please let us all know!:)

My local dealer here told me a while ago that the 346 xp would phase out in 2006, at least in Belgium. Reason mentioned was that there was little pro demand for a saw under 50 cc. So Sawtroll's wish of seeing a 352 xp in the future may be not to far off.

Latest posts

Back