346XP NE priming design

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Lyngdal

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I'm rebuilding a cannibalized saw and the priming bulb routing makes no sense to me.
It looks like one end of the bulb goes nowhere other than a short length of tubing the other disappears into the tank.
On the other side of the saw there is a pair of hoses, one is the fuel line going to the filter, the other is possibly a tank vent.
The EL32 carburetor only has one connection. Can someone clue me in?

The 32 should have one pointing down/rearward on the starboard side and pointing up on the port side. The short hose goes from the carb outlet to the primer inlet.

The early 346 carbs didn’t have a priming bulb or a tank that worked with them. The later ones did have a bulb and a different tank. You have to make sure you have the right carb and tank that can work with a primer bulb.

Gas goes through the filter out of the tank into the carb. It goes out of the carb to the purge bulb and then goes out of the bulb back into the tank via a return line. The tank vent is not connected to the carb.

The early 346 carbs didn’t have a priming bulb or a tank that worked with them. The later ones did have a bulb and a different tank. You have to make sure you have the right carb and tank that can work with a primer bulb.

Gas goes through the filter out of the tank into the carb. It goes out of the carb to the purge bulb and then goes out of the bulb back into the tank via a return line. The tank vent is not connected to the carb.
He said he has an EL-32. That's the primer carb

It should run fine. I had one that the throttle lever hung up a little but I've done a few. A little lazier response unless you really open up the cylinder. You can use the bigger 357/9 filter elbow and filter too. They will fit under the top cover.

It should run fine. I had one that the throttle lever hung up a little but I've done a few. A little lazier response unless you really open up the cylinder. You can use the bigger 357/9 filter elbow and filter too. They will fit under the top cover.

like this no primer bulb EL42 357 bits and a 350 top cover.

1597424501197.jpeg

Latest posts

Back