346XP(NE) Stock Timing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rageej

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I would like to bring the saw up to stock (blueprint it). Not interested, at the moment, in building it. My question is... where can I find technical data for design value timings, compression range, port widths, etc.?

Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah. Thank you for the response. Playing phone tag doesn't sound like fun. I will attempt to hunt down the number though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's already stock, what is there to change, if you want the stock numbers?
The OP did say he wants to "blueprint" his saw. What the engineers designed, and what leaves the factory are not always the same thing due to tolerances and defects in manufacturing.

Not sure why he would want to blueprint a saw, but to each his own.

The OP did say he wants to "blueprint" his saw. What the engineers designed, and what leaves the factory are not always the same thing due to tolerances and defects in manufacturing.

Not sure why he would want to blueprint a saw, but to each his own.
I figured that but should have asked 'why'. There wont be enough difference to matter.

I figured that but should have asked 'why'. There wont be enough difference to matter.
It's a good place to start. No need for a beginner to try and deck, port and polish right out of the gate. Bringing up to stock will give me the experience of working in the jug with the tools I have, don't have the extra cash for 14sr kit :) Once I get comfortable working at those angles and in those spaces I have some ideas of what I want done. As a side note, blueprinting engines on your equipment is never a bad idea. Typically it increases longevity and brings dyno numbers damn close to what advertised numbers are so why not with a chainsaw. I don't have anyway of putting a chainsaw on a dyno but I suspect it's no different than any other manufacturing process. I whole heartedly believe you are correct, the difference probably won't be noticeable. 5% gain on something with only 3.7hp doesn't even make 4hp but on something with 370hp you will notice the difference not just in performance but also in operation (smoothness of the motor and such).
Enough of me babbling, main take away is I want experience before I really jump in and change things.

Back