346xp (NE)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jase31

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm new to this site, and it looks great. I have a new Husqvarna 346xp that I bought about a month ago, and so far love it. I'm looking for some guidance on doing some mods to it. Maybe just start off with a muffler mod, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
first off welcome to the site. Simply do a search titled 346 muffler mod and you will find tons of info some with pictures. Good choice That saw is a screamer for what it was intended for.

No prob. Just so youre aware if you frequent this site enough you will spend lots of money on saws you probably dont need. What the heck though its only money and you only live once. enjoy.

you've been a member here for more than a month and you really asked that question?
Since May 2008. Yes, more than a month, I'd say. I was under the impression that the new 346Xp was anything but lacking in performance for a 50cc saw (From what I've been reading here).

Last edited:
if you dont want to do modding the muffler right away you can pull out the screen. theres only one screw holding it in there. id do that first to see if you like it. i pulled the screen and added a 1/2" or so pipe to mine.

NE 346xp. 2009

Make sure you take muffler off and plug the exaust port before you start.

Reassmble.

11mm hole straight through bracket and into muffler (started with 5mm bit nice and central and increased by 2mm at a time in bid to keep it tidy)

Dissasemble and clean out all filings.

Reassemble with stainless steel mesh placed between plate and muffler, job done.
As you may need to richen it slightly beyond what the restrictors allow,you can pull the L and H plastic restrictors off by tightening a screw into them, the screw bites into the restrictor and pushes against the metal 'slot headed' adjuster that sits behind, thus removing the restrictor, works well!
Reassemble and tune it! 1 1/4 turns back from full clockwise is a good starting point for both jets.
Check out the thread 'DIY Muffler Mod' if you havent already.

Back