346xp vs. Echo CS-520

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ummagumma

ummagumma

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/mastermind-meets-the-echo-cs-520.188552/
In this thread Mastermind said that the Echo cs520 is a 346xp killer. Off memory in the video that saw was making 5 second cuts. Kinda regret selling it. That was fresh off the roll Oregon chain ( i sent the bar and chain with it). First saw I ever had ported. Started an Obsession. 25 port jobs now and several lined up in the near future.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/mastermind-meets-the-echo-cs-520.188552/
In this thread Mastermind said that the Echo cs520 is a 346xp killer. Off memory in the video that saw was making 5 second cuts. Kinda regret selling it. That was fresh off the roll Oregon chain ( i sent the bar and chain with it). First saw I ever had ported. Started an Obsession. 25 port jobs now and several lined up in the near future.

How can I get my 520 modded-ported around Baltimore?

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Both great saws! 510/520/530 and the new 500p are all very overlooked and underrated IMO

As it looks to me they are highly overrated by some - and particularly the 500P, that has a true power rating of 2.1 kw/2.9 hp (Euro version, they don't post power specs in the US, for obvious reasons). The 500P also is a design that was outdated decades ago, regarding operator interface.

rynosawr

rynosawr

ArboristSite Guru
I will keep an eye out for one of these local to Denver. Echo saws don't bring much money at all used here... I learned that on a big one that I had, a CS-680. It was a good, torquey saw, but an old Husky 162 with a base gasket delete would outrun and out-cut it by a little, so the first buyer bought the Husky. The guy who bought the Echo really wanted it, but I didn't get much for it.

Looks like these saws have a ton of potential when ported and aren't bad stock... a little outdated but can be made to really run.

Latest posts