348 Chevy value???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found out the oil pans are interchangeable so the dipstick being on the passenger side doesn't mean it has to be a 409.

Correct Uncle John. Everything that bolts to the outside of a 409 will also bolt to a 348
and Vice/Versa

I have a QD 409 with all external 348 parts..

Buckenfeller

If you google 348/409 suffix codes you find lots of ref's

In the list of suffix codes XXG is the only one that doesn't tell what size engine.

So could it possibly be a 409?

I learned some things off this thread. I thought the first 427 was a bigger 348/409 but I wasn't sure. Now I know. And they only made 157 of them total?

Uncle John are you referring to 57 1969 ZL1 Camaros that came with a non ferous 427 rat under the hood?

For all the skeptics out there, here's what I've got...

Block# 3857656
Year used: 1965 (some late '64)
Model: Car or Truck
Engine: 409
Horsepower:
Bore:
Stroke:
Main Journal:
Rod Journal:
Notes: While this was mostly used for 1965, some may have been used late 1964. This number was used for both car & truck applications. Truck blocks would have reliefs cut into the cylinder walls to lower compression

For all the skeptics out there, here's what I've got...

Block# 3857656
Year used: 1965 (some late '64)
Model: Car or Truck
Engine: 409
Horsepower:
Bore:
Stroke:
Main Journal:
Rod Journal:
Notes: While this was mostly used for 1965, some may have been used late 1964. This number was used for both car & truck applications. Truck blocks would have reliefs cut into the cylinder walls to lower compression

At last!............I guess that settles it!

What did you sell it for if you don't mind me asking.

$1000. The man was standing here with cash in hand, I couldn't turn it down. Never even cleaned it up. Probably could have done a little better, but I was happy with that. I bought the truck for the bed, the tank, and to junk the rest, the 409 was really a bonus :)

$1000. The man was standing here with cash in hand, I couldn't turn it down. Never even cleaned it up. Probably could have done a little better, but I was happy with that. I bought the truck for the bed, the tank, and to junk the rest, the 409 was really a bonus :)

I would not junk the truck, it is far too nice for that. I suspect you could still get a decent price for it as a cab and chassis unit sans engine. If someone wanted one to restore, it would be a great starting point.

Latest posts

Back