357XP with 24” bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldbuzzard

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking about running a 24” bar on my ported 357xp. 3/8 sprocket and skip chain. Almost all cutting would be pine and fir, much of it dead and on the ground. Thought or recommendations?

Yep- why not- they make 24" K095 bars for a reason and if you check the owners manual I am pretty sure that is the max recommended bar length for them.
Keep the chain razor sharp, don't lean on it hard, sensible depth gauge setting and go cut softwoods.

EDIT: oh and remember to turn the oiler up to maximum oil delivery. ;)

My 359 wears a 24”. It isn’t something I bury in 24” oak but I have it on there for easier reach. It pulls it decently, would do much better with skip chain. I’m going to be selling the saw so I’ll probably switch it back to a 20”.

I’m thinking about running a 24” bar on my ported 357xp. 3/8 sprocket and skip chain. Almost all cutting would be pine and fir, much of it dead and on the ground. Thought or recommendations?
Your plan is sound. My 357xp is low hr. stock, pulls a 20" full comp. some-what aggressive on the rakers. pulls just fine in red oak & ash. I have a 365 for my 24" semi skip. 2cents. of course it depends "what" your saw was ported for ? I'd ask the porter what he thinks . and if possible borrow a bar and chain to try it 1st. Although if your not happy it's a great reason to buy a bigger saw !

Latest posts

Back