359 / 357XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a good one. I've got two myself that I just picked up. I haven't had time to cut with them yet. :(

BTW, i Hope you don't have too much $$ in it because even though it's a badass pro build 60cc saw it's only worth $125-150 in mint condition, probably. ;)

That's a good one. I've got two myself that I just picked up. I haven't had time to cut with them yet. :(

BTW, i Hope you don't have too much $$ in it because even though it's a badass pro build 60cc saw it's only worth $125-150 in mint condition, probably. ;)

I have way too much $ in it, could never sell it. :) Long story , but Neal supplied a good used crank and a case splitter. If it wasn't such a low hour saw, I wouldn't have gone to the trouble.

Sweet. Changed the fuel cap color as well. Plus it looks like a shipment of chain just came in.

Came with the right fuel cap & a bunch of other new oem parts. I also have a 357xp sticker fer it...
Not a new chain order, that's just where they get stacked. :)

Pretty sweet build!

I gots both. Like them both.
Considering trading one for a 346xp, because I don't have a saw smaller than these two and I want a 346 :D Problem is, I don't know which one I want to part with!

Pretty sweet build!

I gots both. Like them both.
Considering trading one for a 346xp, because I don't have a saw smaller than these two and I want a 346 :D Problem is, I don't know which one I want to part with!
+1 on a 346xp! I'd sell or trade the 359... Keep the 357xp.

+1 on a 346xp! I'd sell or trade the 359... Keep the 357xp.
Yeah, but my dilemma is that the 359 is in overall better condition, nicer plastic, just a lower use saw. The 357xp is well used, and has a break in the case at the flywheel shroud. Never affected it's operation, but it is what it is.
The 359 I ground down the transfer "wall" at the base of the cylinder, deleted the gasket and dual ported the cat muffler. It runs pretty darn well.

Guess I should give the 357 the same treatment and then compare!

Does the new crank have stuffers? I wonder how a 359 would run with a 357 top and no stuffers.

Latest posts

Back