359 Husky Rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middleagemutant

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 359 Husky I was given for fixing someone's chainsaw. Compression is 130 and the decompression valve is leaking I'm going to plug it pistons good cylinders clean. Was going to replace the ring but what kind should I use? I see proline , Caber, and Husky. The Husky is 29 bucks for 10 more can get a Meteor piston and rings. I have to replace the boot or at least the clamp as its plastic has Walbro carb but works any tips on what rings to use?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If the P & C is good, rering with Caber, The metal clamps are pain in the neck, can use the intake clamp from a Husky 390.
new partition wall 537 42 28-01

Thanks do any of you guys know if the Farmertec oil pumps are anygood. It needs replaced and the little plastic gear slinger. Are is OEM the way to go

If the P & C is good, rering with Caber, The metal clamps are pain in the neck, can use the intake clamp from a Husky 390.
new partition wall 537 42 28-01

As said the Husky metal clamps suck......034-36 Stihl intake clamp is what I use on them.....nice smooth, thin, adjustable clamp like Husky should have replaced the pitiful plastic clamp with in the first place.

Thanks do any of you guys know if the Farmertec oil pumps are anygood. It needs replaced and the little plastic gear slinger. Are is OEM the way to go
I've yet to use anything from FT on a saw. I'm sure I will eventually, but I will go OEM new or used first. I probably have an OEM one on a carcass at home but it will be a couple days before I'm back there.

The metal intake clamp in the upgrade kit is junk and the replacement intake boot is unnecessary. Just trim off the tabs, smooth, and use a universal small end CV boot clamp. Wrap the clamp, hook, crimp with side cutters. Works great. Will only come loose if you cut it off at the crimp. Will not leak.
The clamps are $1.49 at NAPA or any auto parts store. (Credit to @TermiteBuffet for the tip a couple years ago.)

As for OEM or Farmertek on the smaller stuff, go OEM and don't look back if you got the saw for nothing anyway. Caber for the ring or just get the Meteor piston like you mentioned. (I may have a ring if you need one, though.) Beware of the port caps and leak check before committing to everything going back together.

357xp Intakes.jpg

1031151406_resized.jpg

357xp Metal Clamp.jpg

Thanks Pogo will do. I tried looking for the picture on that post but could not find them. You found them as they say a pictures worth a thousand words. :bowdown:

Cuinrearview slingers shot the pumps tied up but I'm thinking I can get it working again. I may just order a slinger when I order the ring and gasket set. And you are right they think the pumps are gold.

Latest posts

Back