361 pulling 28" full comp in Beech

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It definently is not slippen or boggin(good filer/snellerizer)know.. It's just like--- the 044/440 is that saw. Why do we nwwd the 361. Im not trying to be a negative nancy but WHO the hell is so weak and poor that they cant buy a 440 and and at least half ass have a saw of ligitament power (20 to (34''modifyed)).. Why ?
I guess Stihl just rigged the handles so they would slowly medicate the user with hereoin haha.

I dont know i have beenm spending time with Mr. Evan williams to nite..

Hey 056Kid

I'm not weak and I've got more than enough money.....prefer the 361 over the 441 for my needs.

That saw runs great! Damn....I was going to see if you would be interested in porting my 441 mag. I guess not. I don't blame you one bit for not doing anyones saw other than yours. Too much liability and stress. You did a hell of a job on that saw!:clap:

I think some have interpreted my new avitar as a business logo and I've turned down quite a few jobs porting saws. I've chosen not to port saws for others, mainly because I don't want to turn a hobby I really enjoy into work and stress. I can just imagine the first saw I screw up being yours. I appreciate your vote of confidence though.

Good for you! I have turned several hobbies into jobs (ie., snow skiing, tree falling, auto mechanic, professional chef) and they sucked as jobs. Far better to keep hobbies as hobbies. My brother thinks I should open a small engine repair shop here and 'clean up' because I am good at fixing small engines. But really all that would ahppen is that people would drag in their broken and abused motors for ressusitation and/or resurection, and it is not fun any more. :givebeer:

I think some have interpreted my new avitar as a business logo and I've turned down quite a few jobs porting saws. I've chosen not to port saws for others, mainly because I don't want to turn a hobby I really enjoy into work and stress. I can just imagine the first saw I screw up being yours. I appreciate your vote of confidence though.

You could become the new and improved Ben Olsen........:) :)

Nice job Brad

Good for you, every one needs a hobby that makes them smile at the end of the day. Nice video.

Nice, Pics, Brad. It would have been fun to see how the old Pro Mac 610 would have done in that big beech. Travel weather was horrible Thursday and Friday, so I had to cancel. :(

I promise to make the next one with the old yellow and black grandpa. :greenchainsaw:

windthrown said:
But really all that would ahppen is that people would drag in their broken and abused motors for ressusitation and/or resurection, and it is not fun any more.

It's exactly that way, too. I even had a woman come in year before last with her Craftsman riding lawn mower for a complete service, and she was shocked that we were actually going to charge her money to do it. I replied "well we can't afford to work on this stuff just for the fun of it, we're people like you with homes and families.."

Her reply was "Well I thought this was all paid for by the government.."

It's exactly that way, too. I even had a woman come in year before last with her Craftsman riding lawn mower for a complete service, and she was shocked that we were actually going to charge her money to do it. I replied "well we can't afford to work on this stuff just for the fun of it, we're people like you with homes and families.."

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Hah! Yah got me there. I thought she was going to say that Craftsman tools were guranteed for life, and she wanted a new one! The government pays for repairing lawn mowers???? Man, sounds pretty dumb. Queen of the stupids.

ported, 361 28" bar, well my stock muffler drilled only 036 with it's 18" bar would cut that log in two quicker and easier :cool:

Well, my pair of non-ported 361's would be even faster than that! :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Two handed! Yah, I can do that! One has a 28 inch bar too, and the other has a 25 inch bar, and man, they scream... yah, and I bet I can cut from here to NZ and back by the time you start your old 036... yah! And by them I will have shaved 4 times, with the longer bar of course, and drank a 12 pack of beer, and sang Yankee Doodle and Long Live the Queen, and even had time to have a poke at the old woman and watch a football game on TV. Yah! That's what I'm talking about! Hell, I bet I could cut that log with the Wild Thing with one hand tied behind my back! It even has an 18 inch bar on it too... Yah! That's what I am talking about!

Last edited:
Well, my pair of non-ported 361's would be even faster than that! :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Two handed! Yah, I can do that! One has a 28 inch bar too, and the other has a 25 inch bar, and man, they scream... yah, and I bet I can cut from here to NZ and back by the time you start your old 036... yah! And by them I will have shaved 4 times, with the longer bar of course, and drank a 12 pack of beer, and sang Yankee Doodle and Long Live the Queen, and even had time to have a poke at the old woman and watch a football game on TV. Yah! That's what I'm talking about! Hell, I bet I could cut that log with the Wild Thing with one hand tied behind my back! It even has an 18 inch bar on it too... Yah! That's what I am talking about!

Aha, the north pole will have melted and re-frozen 3 times over by the time those bars on the poor 361 creep half way thru! Now where's my 14" bar, the old 036'll whip thru that log faster than a 12 pack of American beer goes flat.. hell, even Obamas smile on election day won't keep up... :drool:

Back