361 spikes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want a set of big spikes for the 460, the outer is 1128 664 0506, and the inner is 1122 664 0506.

There is no outer dog that is now listed to perfectly match the smaller inner dog - The 1117 664 0500 is a close match.

What is the part number of the original dog fitted to your saw?

Maybe the 441 non-wrap set would fit...

Lakeside53 said:
...for the 460, the outer is 1128 664 0506, and the inner is 1122 664 0506.

There is no outer dog that is now listed to perfectly match the smaller inner dog - The 1117 664 0500 is a close match...

Thanks for that Lakeside.

I'll get back to my dealer and see what Stihl sends us. Sorry, I don't know the part No. of the inner spikes. Seeing as I use the 460 for felling and bucking "big" trees and cutting the stumps down low the large spike may be perfect. They will look a bit oversized for our European taste though :D

Bye

Actually that roller catcher is a real pain in the a@#, it is true it does come off with the side cover but real care is needed to reinsert the pin on the other end of the roller before doing up the barmount nuts. If you have a big saw (880) with a 42' bar in a CSM this is not always as easy as it sounds, even my Stihl mech who gave it its first service got it wrong, and did the nuts up with the pin outside its hole (boy was he embarrassed).

A lot of the bigger (460 and above) Stihl's out here have the roller and it really isn't a pita unles it's slightly bent. It's so much better than the alluminium hook at catching the chain.

I take mine and the spikes off for milling anyhow...

BACKORDERED !! BAH!! :angry:

You guys obviously bought too many. One set per saw please...

sincerely,
Dogless in Kentucky

You Have got to be Kidding I should have nevered Reposted this.
I just went to town Thursday and the Sthil man he will order my stuff Monday
Now your telling me that they are back ordered. BAH.:angry2:

This is why you guys need to just buy the big aftermarket dogs. You can get them!

attachment.php

I really don't need larger dogs, I cut only hardwood but thought it would be nice to have an inner and outer.. plus 95% of folk around here don't have them so they would have a lot of "what the heck are those" value. The safety of the extended chain catcher factored in there too somewhere I think. :biggrinbounce2:

fishhuntcutwood said:
This is why you guys need to just buy the big aftermarket dogs. You can get them!

attachment.php
Those dogs are nice but a bit to big for the wood around here.
I do like that 3/4 wrap handle. I could not find the site you ordered them from.

I looked at that. Da ok
Now being from the east madisens says full rap handle 49 and change.
Is what Jeff has on his saw a full wrap or a 3/4 wrap?

manual said:
I looked at that. Da ok
Now being from the east madisens says full rap handle 49 and change.
Is what Jeff has on his saw a full wrap or a 3/4 wrap?

The one that Jeff has is a 3/4 wrap. I have the same thing on one of my 361's.

I believe that Jeff and I are the only ones to have these 3/4 handlebars!!!

rahtreelimbs said:
The one that Jeff has is a 3/4 wrap. I have the same thing on one of my 361's.

I believe that Jeff and I are the only ones to have these 3/4 handlebars!!!

I do have the 3/4 wrap. Have also had the full wrap as well. Last time I checked manual, the 361 3/4 wasn't listed in the catalog, or even online. You have to call them and ask specifically for it. Like Rich says, there's only been a couple that have been made. They make them one at a time when they're ordered. They don't stock the 3/4 (factory wrap) 361 model. They do stock the full wrap to my knowledge.

Here's my 361 with the full wrap back when it was still new and shiney!

Last edited:
I know that this is a Spike forum But I think this pertains to options for a 361.
Now do you have to pat more for the 3/4 wrap?
And what Advantage do you get over the half wrap?
If I have to fall a tree Standing on the right side I just use the top of the bar for the back cut.

fishhuntcutwood said:
And to Haywood and manual, I know you guys don't need the large dogs. Most don't. I was just givin ya a hard time.
Thought you were.
I'd love to fall some of those bad boys down that you have in the west coast.
Michigan used to have great white pines but after rebuilding Chicago after there great fire.
Michigan was totally burnt up twice in its history with wildfires.

Back