362XP/365/371XP/372XP/372XPW Bottom Ends

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moss Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am assuming the bottom ends of that series of saws(362XP/365/371XP/372XP372XPW) are all the same? Therefore, building a 362XP into a 75cc saw shouldn't be putting any more stress on the bottom end than the 75cc 372XPW has on it?

There are rumored to be two different case castings. I would like to see a side by side comparision. All of the ones I have are 365's so the cases are the same. I do know there are plenty of 371's running around with BB kits that are not blowing out the cases. The only bad cases I have seen are due to external damage.

Cranks on the other hand....

I do believe the 362 has a different bar mount than the other saws, I have been told that 362 uses a small mount bar. I have also heard that the 371/372 crankcases were heavier built around the bearings? I just bought a new OEM 372 crankcase and Husqvarna lists it as the correct replacement part for the 365 though 372 saws.

I do believe the 362 has a different bar mount than the other saws, I have been told that 362 uses a small mount bar. I have also heard that the 371/372 crankcases were heavier built around the bearings? I just bought a new OEM 372 crankcase and Husqvarna lists it as the correct replacement part for the 365 though 372 saws.

Around 2005 the 362 was built on the 372 case. This was on the US model. Other than that all others were on the small bar mount chasis.

Two different pto side cases, small mount and large mount. With the exception of the bar mount, they are the same. Bearings, crank, and such.

Went both ways. 362 was available with a small mount but the newer versions "special" are large mount and identical to current 372 model.

Went both ways. 362 was available with a small mount but the newer versions "special" are large mount and identical to current 372 model.

Yep. The cranks are pretty much the same. There were changes to the connecting rod over the course of the 372, with later models having a slightly beefier connecting rod. The timing on all the cranks is near to the same so you can swap cranks if need be. The timing on the early 362s though is just a hair more advanced but not enough to be an issue on the later saws.

Yep. The cranks are pretty much the same. There were changes to the connecting rod over the course of the 372, with later models having a slightly beefier connecting rod. The timing on all the cranks is near to the same so you can swap cranks if need be. The timing on the early 362s though is just a hair more advanced but not enough to be an issue on the later saws.

Good info JJ. Thanks

I'm gearing up for a post here........I think you might know what I mean! :laugh: :msp_sneaky:

Finally get some wood thawed out? Let her rip

Back