362xp problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MechanicMatt

Cut Split Stack Burn
Reaction score
Hi I recently rebuilt my 362xp with a big bore kit of ebay, 52mm. And rebuilt the carb as well. Can anyone please tell me about where to set the carb screws, I already took the plastic stopper things off so i can truly adjust the screws, I just dont want to blow this top end like my last one. Also is there anyway i can convert the chain on my 08s from 404 to the 3/8 like on my husky??? Thanks for any advice. ps i work on cars all day and a im pretty confident with tools Matt

Try turning the carb screws in all the way and then come out 1 full turn. This should get it to run so you can make further adjustments.

To convert the chain to 3/8 you need a new sprocket, chain, and possibly a new bar. Your gauge on the drive links need to match the gauge of the groove in the bar. Also the sprocket on the bar needs to match (unless you have a solid bar tip)

Do i need a tach or can it be done by ear, I work on cars with modern computer controlled systems. My dad swears he can tune a carb by ear, but that is on a car. For the stihl, I got it for free from a co worker who is trying to convert me from huskys to stihls. It runs like a champ but is slow as well you know. I thought the chain would at least cause less drag but i dont see spending more than a 100 on trying to speed it up. Can i safely adjust the governor on it? ps huskyman my dad and uncle both run stihls a 044 and 460 and the guy at work loves his 441 but we all know swedish girls ARE hotter than german girls I loved my 362 before i blew it up.

Latest posts

Back