362XP Special KD Hotsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
Ken built me this really fast 362 XP. With the large spline sprocket and outboard rim I can use an 8 pin although it takes a 357 bar. Ed said it cuts faster than a muffler moded 372, but I didn't want to post the video in order to not start any more fighting. With the 3/8 square chain it will probably outcut most stock 066's and why wouldn't it?
Thanks Ken
John

John, as long as the 066 is stock all the way and round chisel chain. Considering the 066 is just about 50% more displacement and a way heavier, that makes a pretty interestigng package especially at the end of a long day. I found my 372 by EHP to be right on with a muffler modded 066, both running square chain and on wood up to 14 inch. I wouldnt bet on anything over 20 inches tho.

Gypo get some time on her this week and we will tune her up and she how fast she really is cause she seems fast out of the box with no time on her, Kenn did a good job and why wouldn't he

and that kind of was off base having a small mount bar on a saw that seems to have the same crankcase as a 365/372 , i was thinking a big bar mount

Hi Ed, I couldn't figure it out either, but it won't take anything but the smaller 356- 346 bar. Ken changed the turbo on it for more air in and out and put on a high compression oil cap as well, but I shouldn't be giving away his secrets. It cuts faster than my 088KD in smaller wood.
John

Gypo smarten up , stop giving Kenn's secrets away ,he will cut your n#ts out if you donot stop that and why wouldn't he

Ken's chances of posting here again are next to none. Based on the way it was and the way it is now, why would he?

Doug all I can say is this he's a sleeper when it comes to reworking a saw. The work he did on my 385 is flawless. Of course out of respect I never opened it up.From our conversations it will be fun to meet him next month. It is my understand he does all the timing at Paul Smith's get together.

Actually, the reason that Ken won't be posting is because he somehow forgot his passwords to KDHotsaw and KDHotsaw2, then got banned while using his new name, Teacher. Speaking of Ken, I'll have to call him and find out if he got the Redmax I had Jarod send him for a woods job.

I spoke with Ken this afternoon and he did get the Redmax today. Although he has to get working on my carb I'm certain he will have it Dunn up soon.

Doug,
Your Saws have been sent and recieved. He will most likely be doing 3 of them. Mine should be very much like yours Mark.
Let me know if I can do any thing else.
Hunter

Doug after you get some time on the 7900 lets me know what you think , I might get Marky's new toy done tomorrow 7900 alcohol saw, got the 9010 done today , test ride it tomorrow.
Kenn you did a good job on Gypo's 362 , holds it rpm's very well in the wood , it is a nice saw

So Gypo old buddy old pal , do you have any of that white pine left so we can play on it, i have a fleet of new saws here just screaming to cut some wood, if you do let me know what size so i can make sure i have a long enough bar

Ehp,
Dont be talking to Gypo about how big it is and a long bar, according to the picture in the other thread, gypo has quit Beaver hunting.
LMAO!

Hunter

I have no idea where that gay looking picture came from, i would imagine it's one of the ones that Beaver Girl manipulated, and why wouldn't she?
Anyway, here's the post I was trying to make last night, but it wouldn't work.
John

Hi Ed, I have a nice Pine 12 foot butt log 28" on the tip, scales about 450, but if the truck can't fit it on than we can slice and dice, but I have lots of 20" to 22" crown logs but with knots every 12", plus lots of clear cut offs. The trucks coming in again for the last load on Thurs, so there should be lots left on the landing to saw up into cookies.
Can I borrow the 7900 Alky saw your building for Doug so I can be all dressed up for Oroville? I guess I should be asking Doug, so I will leave a message on his answering machine.
On second thought, don't build a 7900 for Doug, he'll just send it out to Ken , Dozer Dan and Dennis Greffard so they can copy the figures, just send it to me instead. I won't let anybody touch it.

Sometimes when someone wants to borrow something, I just say, " You know, I had a dream last night that I lent you my saw and you bucked your leg off, so I don't want that to happen, so I can't lend you my saw". That seems to work with just about everything.
John

Gypo as far as borrowing the alcohol 7900 , if it is here you can fight with the others over it and i could have the 6400 alcohol back by then also , this saw likes to travel as long as WEST JET doesnot get ahold of it anymore , it has been to the east coast twice already this year and down south now ,

now you will be ok with me running Hunter's 088, no crying now, i think i got a bar here that will take a 11 tooth gear and fit a 088 and cut 22 or 23 inches

Back