362XP Special

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I know, it (mainly) is that it has the side chain adjuster of the 372xp, instead of the front one of the 371xp.

Wow that is special. lol. another marketing ploy I guess. They make sure it says Special in big letters on the saw cover.

Well, the US sold 2005 saws were a bit more different, as they had the large bar mount. I assume they also were a bit heavier. This wasn't typical of the 362xp Special though.

Well, the US sold 2005 saws were a bit more different, as they had the large bar mount. I assume they also were a bit heavier. This wasn't typical of the 362xp Special though.

Wasn't the 362 originally introduced with the SM in the late nineties, dropped, then reintroduced for a brief period in the mid-2000's with the large mount?

I would love to have a SM chassis with a ported 72/75cc top end.

Wasn't the 362 originally introduced with the SM in the late nineties, dropped, then reintroduced for a brief period in the mid-2000's with the large mount?

Yes, in the US (and it was just one batch in 2005 as far as I know, the year they didn't officially offer the 372xp there).

Ive got a 362xp special with a 372 top end on it. Thinking about putting a bb kit in it but already have a bb ported 372xp already..
Specials as sawtroll says should have the side mount adjuster but should also have the adjustable chain oiler and walbro carb rather than a zama.

Ive got a 362xp special with a 372 top end on it. Thinking about putting a bb kit in it but already have a bb ported 372xp already..
Specials as sawtroll says should have the side mount adjuster but should also have the adjustable chain oiler and walbro carb rather than a zama.

They all have an adjustable oiler, and most (if not all) 362s have a Walbro carb. It was the early 365s that had the Zama.

I would love to have a SM chassis with a ported 72/75cc top end.
Neil, Im curious why you would want the SM chassis with a ported 75 cc. What do you see the advantage being? It seems like the bar selection of the large mount family would better take advantage of the power produced.
By the way I have a 362xp ported small mount and a large mount 362/75cc ported.

Neil, Im curious why you would want the SM chassis with a ported 75 cc. What do you see the advantage being? It seems like the bar selection of the large mount family would better take advantage of the power produced.
By the way I have a 362xp ported small mount and a large mount 362/75cc ported.

The SM is lighter and 24" is about the longest bar I use. If I need a longer bar I have plenty of other saws from which to choose.

I know you keep the stats on this, how much lighter is the SM?

You ever decide to get rid of your 362xtra pee I'd be interested. :chainsaw:

And if anyone has 362 top end laying around I'd be interested in it.

Now that I said that. My interest in the 362 has more to do with playing than it does firewood duty. But I feel like it's probably the most overlooked Husqvarna.

....... But I feel like it's probably the most overlooked Husqvarna.

The price was too close to the 372xp, and quite a bit higher than the 365 - and that made it a slow seller.

The fact that the 262xp was lighter and more nimble, and had a higher power rating didn't help either.

Back