365 piston in a 61, will it work?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have a 61 Husky here with a good cyl, just needs a piston. Dealer wants $100 for one. 365 pistons Ive seen aftermarket for lots less and was wondering if the setup would work. Bore size is the same, wondering about height in cylinder, pin dia., and if the porting will get screwed up. Thanks.

Nope.

61 piston is smaller bore than 365 I believe, plus the 365 was designed around a shorter rod length than the older style.

Pistons

Marco
You are correct, both the 61 and the 365 have the same bore size of 48mm. The pistons will not interchange.
However you can use a piston from a Jonsered 630.
Later
Dan

I am going to get a piston and cylinder kit. I found one and a fellow member also pointed one out at the same place. About the same price as what Husky wants for the piston alone.......... Thanks for the help.

Hi
Here is a picture of a 365 and a 630 piston. The 365 is on the left. As you can see the pin height it different. I looked around and I couldn't find an old 61 piston. The 61 piston has the same basic dimensions as the 630, except it is a slab sided piston. I have used the 630 pistons in the 61s and if it robs the saw of any power, you cant tell it in the wood. It may restrict some of the air/fuel flow up through the transfer ports a little but the saw will never know it.

Later
Dan

Latest posts

Back