365 special air fliter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChevyXP

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just bought a 365 special but I want to get a HD filter for it. Would I need to buy anything else besides the filter to put it on? Also, I would like to replace the air filter cover with a high top cover, will the high top cover just snap right onto the 365sp?

You will need the HD filter with clamp, HD filter mount, and High top cover, can buy it as a set from site sponser Bailey's, simple swap, goes right on, watch you don't break off carb anti-vibe mounts when you change out the standard mount for the HD piece.Rember to retune carb!!

I don't think carb tuning is necessary. Mine was fine when I made the switch, and I even used the mesh high top filter which should allow extra flow.

I'm actually switching back as I think the high top is cumbersome and prefer the low top look more. The low top provides enough air flow for performance, but may require more frequent cleaning. That doesn't matter in my situation.

The "assembly" that Baileys sold was a little misleading, it consisted of the shroud which you wont need and the HD air filter cover which you will need. For less than the cost of the assembly you can get all you need with the following parts

503 81 78 01 Air Horn HD $8.07
503 81 80 04 Air Filter $27.26
537 21 32 04 HD Air Filter Knob and Screw, originally a two piece item now just one piece
503 81 77 01 HD Air Filter Cover $22.34

These prices are from Oct. 2010 so they may have changed. You can buy aftermarket HD air filter if you wish to save a buck or two but you can NOT use your existing 365 low profile air filter. No price for the one piece knob and screw, the two piece setup i bought was $6.15. Wouldnt think it would be terribly different. Not hard to install. Shroud needs removed, unhook choke lever, unbolt existing air horn. Reinstall in reverse, dont over tighten bolts on new air horn.That should do it if my memory serves me correctly. Trim limiters on carb while your there if you like.

No performance gain here.

I like the Low Top better and is what I have on the fire breathing Stump Broke 75cc 365 I have. :D:D:D

I don't think carb tuning is necessary. Mine was fine when I made the switch, and I even used the mesh high top filter which should allow extra flow.

I'm actually switching back as I think the high top is cumbersome and prefer the low top look more. The low top provides enough air flow for performance, but may require more frequent cleaning. That doesn't matter in my situation.

:agree2:

Just my opinion, I have used both and I like the original setup. It is more slim and trim and the original filter does a fine job. If you do the switch, heed the advise of other posters as the carb mount is easy to break getting out.

:agree2:

Just my opinion, I have used both and I like the original setup. It is more slim and trim and the original filter does a fine job. If you do the switch, heed the advise of other posters as the carb mount is easy to break getting out.

Use a little screwdriver to apply leverage in the right spot for an easy removal of this. I think it's actually easier to lift the carb out of there before you remove the air filter mount. Plenty of room to do what you need then.

The biggest advantages i found were now i only have to stock one kind of high priced filter instead of two as it works on my 372 also, surface filtering area is larger on HD type, and the HD model is not near as fragile at cleaning time. To each his own i guess.

The HD filter is a nice one and certainly has lots of surface area and is very durable. One of the strong points of most Husqvarna saws is that it is super easy to access and remove the filters for cleaning. You won't go wrong either way.

Back