365 Special or 346XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmcman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
With a 24" on the 372, i've come across a NIB 365 Special and the price is under a new 346. Only negative I see for limbing is the weight, would like to know how this saw would work for limbing with a 16" bar and going up 1 tooth on the drive.

From what I gather it's more torquey but lower in RPM's and i'm curious with that setup will it hurt the performance?

Just a thought, haven't found any posts where someone went up a tooth on this saw and maybe with a short bar it wouldn't be a prob.

+3, get the 346.

What's the point of having a slightly neutered 372?
Given a choice between the two which one are ya gonna grab?
The faster one that weighs the same..LOL!!!

You will use the crap out of a 346xp once you get one.

So, 346XP+4. Or wait a couple months for the 562.:biggrinbounce2:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I agree!

There's nothing so sweet as Thunder and Lightning.

Al :rockn:

picture.php

Last edited:

What's the point of having a slightly neutered 372?
Given a choice between the two which one are ya gonna grab?
The faster one that weighs the same..LOL!!!

You will use the crap out of a 346xp once you get one.

So, 346XP+4. Or wait a couple months for the 562.:biggrinbounce2:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Not to still the thread but what is the expected due date for the 562?:biggrinbounce2:

I guess it's just something about the special that appeals to me, just different. Never ran one so i'm not familiar with the power curve, or how much more low grunt it has, was more of a wild idea with the larger sprocket.

Sharpened the chain on the 372 last night and was thinking even with a 16" bar it would be a bear for limbing.

The 346 seems to just be genetically attached to the 372 in some way, just the perfect compliment. You just have to own both....there seems to be no way around it.

I've got both, 346xp and 365special...definetly get the 346 for limbing...small bar or not the 365 isn't fun to limb with...love the saw but it's not a limber...

must be my english; you have a 372 XP and you need a limbing saw...and the question is: 365 or 346 XP?
LOL
good one !
cheers.

must be my english; you have a 372 XP and you need a limbing saw...and the question is: 365 or 346 XP?
LOL
good one !
cheers.

I don't need.... a limbing saw, I just need to justify another saw to sit between the 340 and the 372 to keep them company. When the LOML goes in the garage she can understand why I need something faster to rip through 13" of oak, :angel: so I can spend more time with the kids. ;)

I was just wondering if anyone has used this particular powerhead with a short bar/large sprocket. Reading of the more low RPM grunt, would it basically smoke a 346 or would it even be debatable, specifically with the setup stated above.

Weight is the other half of the equation and it seems that regardless of that the 346 is just the better tool for the job, i've just never run a 346 yet.

You are going to make me get both I can see it.:D

If I recall corectly, 340 is 40cc and 372xp is 70cc
the middle would be 50 cc and 60cc (give or take 5cc)
340 - 346 xp - 365 - 372 xp
is way better than
340 - 365 - 372 xp
or
340 - 346 xp - 372 xp

boy do I envy you...

sorry for the misunderstanding. my bad.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back