Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timberdonkey_059

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Picked up this 365 Special quite a while back that had a crank seal leak and just finally got to it last night. Excited to fire it up and get it in some wood soon! If it ever dies I do plan on throwing the 372 top end on it but until then what should i do with this thing? Already has a muffler mod done but that's it. Thinking on a 24" bar possibly a 28" as I have a modded 550xp with set ups from 16-20"

At the end of the day I'm just pumped to have a "legit special" they are a thing of beauty!

1626794339919.png

I would stick with a 24” bar but that’s just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input! I am having a heck of a time finding a 24" - .050" - 3/8" bar currently. The few i can seem to find are out of stock. Worth going to either of the the bigger chain options...?

Thanks for the input! I am having a heck of a time finding a 24" - .050" - 3/8" bar currently. The few i can seem to find are out of stock. Worth going to either of the the bigger chain options...?
Why not if you'll have to buy a longer chain anyway. I thought these came with .058 anyway.

Can you discuss what you did for your muffler mod please? I have an Australian release Special and the muffler is just a hollow box with boi internal restriction.

Thanks

Tom.

Why not if you'll have to buy a longer chain anyway. I thought these came with .058 anyway.

Can you discuss what you did for your muffler mod please? I have an Australian release Special and the muffler is just a hollow box with boi internal restriction.

Thanks

Tom.
Tom,

The MM was actually done by a local guy that I got the saw from but later this week when i get back to the shop i can snag some pics for ya and look into it deeper to try and help ya out!

I run a 26 on mine...that's what they had in when I bought the bar. Werks good, i wouldn't go shorter then 26 less bedding over involves. Lol

Bar lengths are usually based on what species and size of wood that the saw will be used for as in running a big long bar cutting small diameter wood just makes a saw a bigger unwieldy tool. The OP has not posted what he is cutting or what he plans on cutting so just sticking on a bar limits the saw, possibly . Most Husqvarna saws do run .058 chain.

Back