365 XT carb settings after limiter cap removal???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flat47

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
What do you guys recommend for initial carb settings after cutting the ears off the limiter caps? 1 to 1.5 turns out from seat? This is on a Husky 365 XTorq. Previous owner removed the strato divider inside the carb throat - if that makes a difference.

Just looking for hi and low settings to get it running. I can tune it from there. Does the starto divider really even need to be there? I thought I read a post from a builder that removes the divider when he rebuilds a saw.

Flat47

I'm bumping up your thread to see if a refreshed posting might illicit a response to your question because I also would like to know what the needle settings should be on a 365 XT. (My saw is running a Walbro RWJ4 carb.) Unfortunately, the workshop manual doesn't give the initial settings to get it running before you can tune it. The most recent tech specs for specific carb settings that I could find on Husqvarna's website was labelled 2003-02 which predates the 365XT. I assume your 1 -1.5 guess is probably in the ballpark but the strato saws are such different beasts that my assumption may not be valid.

Hope someone out there can help.

I can't help except to bump it again. Still have ours factory stock and are at 1.5 out for H (at 40:1) which is where the limiting tabs stop it.

I learned something reading these forums. On the 365 X-torq, of you use the spline tool instead of a regular screwdriver, and push in and turn, you will by-pass the limiter cap. It worked for me. I think I read that its the same adjustment for the 372XP X-torq...

I think...:confused:

I got it running with the initial settings stated (1 to 1.5 out). As far as tuning - I don't know where I'm at now. It's been a while and I keep messing with it each time I run it.

It's a whole lot easier to file off the limiters than use the 2 screwdriver method.

Don't need two screwdrivers, just the spline carb adjusting tool. When pushed firmly in with the tool, you can then adjust the needle to the right tuning. It DOES NOT work with a regular screw driver, you need the "Poulan splined carb tool"
part #530035560.

Page 31 of the service manual for the 365 X-Torq, 372 XP X-Torq & 372 XPG X-Torq says to set both the hi & low speed screws at 1 turn out (ie counter clockwise) for the initial settings.
This info is a bit tricky to find in the service manual because it is listed in the carb section under the title of "Pressure testing".

Latest posts

Back