365xt to 372XP/XT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crow99

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I realize that this may be redundant, but from what I've read so far, simply grinding and removing the transfer baffles on the 365XT gives you a 372XP engine. Forgive my skepticism but this seems too simple and perhaps too good to be true especially given the price difference. So my question is, are there any other differences between the two... such as porting, compression, ignition timing, carburetion or other minor things that distinguish them?
Reason I ask is that a friend wants to rework his 365XT and is asking if that is all there is to it.

It it's an XT carb, the factory limiters are spring loaded and with the correct tool, you should never have to cut them out. They take the splined tool.

That's great to know. Thanks. As you can see from my sig line, I also have a 365. I'm happy with mine as is, but my friend is a bit more adventurous.

The HD options for the air filter, filter cover etc isn't listed for the 365XT, but they will fit anyway if you want them (I wouldn't, where I am).

I never was able to discern what distinguishes xp from the others, but yeah, the 365xt is the same as the 372xp except for the covers. Saw Troll alluded to the bigger air filter as optional, but I'm not sure I'll go that way when I do my conversion, unless the muffler mod will warrant it? Hope others will say. As for the carb adjustments, my saw came with barely enough room to go rich enough for my 40:1 mix, so with the conversion I'm guessing I'll have to trim the limiters (not splined). But dunno whether they all come with the same factory settings. How much room does his saw have now?

Back