371xp newbee

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CFM

jack of all trades...master of none
Reaction score
Hey yall, I have just acquired up my first 371xp :rock: I picked it with a scored piston and jug and naturally I am looking to do a little modding while I'm in there :msp_lol: I know this subject is well covered though despite my best efforts i have yet to satisfy my curiosity. I am looking to obtain information on the correct ratio for jug outlet size to muffler outlet size. I plan on building a new muffler out of stainless steel seeing as i have access to a tig welder to compliment my big bore kit. I am no stranger to chainsaws but at the same time i am no professional builder. Any help on design would be much appreciated.... by the way this site is freakin awesome!

Can't go wrong with an OE Jug, some of the after-market jugs leave ALOT to be desired. I had/have one where they didn't drill the holes in the fins so you can get the bolts in to bolt it down. I didn't realize I had to do that part myself :)

lol. sounds like the fine aftermarket parts that i deal with everyday as an automotive technician.....if its not the vehicles engineer playing hide the bolts its the non oem parts that will make you cry yourself to sleep at night! :cry: thanks for the reply

you know i have realized that no one seems to mention a 268xp around here for a good saw..... i absolutely love mine. so what do all think about the model?

you know i have realized that no one seems to mention a 268xp around here for a good saw..... i absolutely love mine. so what do all think about the model?

Hey CFM,

I gotta say, to answer your question, the 268xp is a great saw...with that being said, the 371 is the next generation! better anti-vibe, more power throughout the powerband, and better ergonomics... all good things!!

If your still looking for an OEM topend, let me know...

Jay

Hey jay, glad to see that I'm not the only fan of the 268xp! I had a guy approach me about my 371 while it was in shambles, he really wanted it so I decided to sell it to him. He wanted a bb kit and some mild port and transfer work. So I guess I'll just have to buy a new 372xp w.....:bang: lol. Thanks for the reply....

I'm porting a 268 right now.. should be fun when done :D

I hope you didn't give the 371 away?!?! they are 'better' saws...especially for a long day of cutting over the older 61-272 saws...

BUT, the 268 is still a great saw!

J

Latest posts

Back