371xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimM

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hi all.
I bought a tired 371 which has ended up with more issues than I had hoped. I replaced the coil, piston/rings, and some other odds and ends. Did not split case. It started and ran but didn't seem right so I pressure tested and it appeared to have a seal leak on the clutch side. Pulled the whole thing apart to replace the bearings and seals and I find the crankcase worn enough that the bearing itself is loose in the housing.
Okay, to the main question, I see new aftermarket crankcases on Ebay for the 372. Will all of my 371 parts work in one of these and are they any good? Thanks for any info.

Hi all.
I bought a tired 371 which has ended up with more issues than I had hoped. I replaced the coil, piston/rings, and some other odds and ends. Did not split case. It started and ran but didn't seem right so I pressure tested and it appeared to have a seal leak on the clutch side. Pulled the whole thing apart to replace the bearings and seals and I find the crankcase worn enough that the bearing itself is loose in the housing.
Okay, to the main question, I see new aftermarket crankcases on Ebay for the 372. Will all of my 371 parts work in one of these and are they any good? Thanks for any info.

Not 100% sure but 99.9% sure the only difference in the 371 & 372 non xt is the chain adjuster,see through gas tank and the gas & oil caps.

372 crank

As far as I know , the 372 crank case is the same as the 371 except its beefed up a little around the seals. There are some minor differences in the saws , but in your case I think you can use all your parts on the 372 bottem. I dont have any experiance with an aftermarket crank, but buy carefully and ask the seller if the switch will work.

Hi all.

The 371 and 372 crankcases are interchangeable.
If you are looking for either a set of cases or crank,pm me, I have a few spares kicking around.

SawTroll says 372 is Beefed up. 371 is a Very good saw! Just be careful if you start going to xTorq model! They are different. From carb, cylinder, piston , top cover, Brake Handle, Aluminum Handle, all different. Go to BPlust. He should be able to find you a Husqvarna case!

Back