371XPG Throttle Linkage?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pooroldcraig

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I'm part way into tearing down a project 371XPG. After swapping in a coil from another saw and cleaning the carburetor and filters, it fired right off and ran pretty decent. Oils like it should and no horrible noises coming from anywhere, so I figured I was starting out in pretty good shape, until I set it on its clutch cover side to take the coil back out. I've got a fuel leak that I can't see the source of and went to remove the tank but I have to confess the throttle linkage has me curious as to the best way to unhook/remove/ separate? I'm kind of prone to breaking stuff when I don't know what I'm doing.

Just unhook the cable from the carb. Hold the cable and press down on the throttle linkage on the carb body. The cable will pull through the plastic base.
Source of your leak is probably either the tank vent or the fuel line.
The tank needs a bit of a "twist" to get it off once you remove all the av mounts and limiters.

Just unhook the cable from the carb. Hold the cable and press down on the throttle linkage on the carb body. The cable will pull through the plastic base.
Source of your leak is probably either the tank vent or the fuel line.
The tank needs a bit of a "twist" to get it off once you remove all the av mounts and limiters.
Thanks!

Back