372 GONE!.. 359 GONE!... 357 yep you guessed it... GONE!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't hear anything about the 365?? would make since to drop it though.... to many 60cc saws already.

The 560 and 562 are supposed to be the exact same saw just with different bar mounts :dizzy: did we really need that?? Just make it one or the other and get on with it.

Why would they make two saws with the same chassis, and then go and make them two different bar mounts, another expense that was'nt needed, I hate how these companies claim losses and then do stupid things like this, it all costs extra dollars to make every little design change.:mad:

Lemme guess you're in the north central.:cheers:

Got stuck babysitting ugly Ordnance at Concord and Alameda for stretch back in the 80's.

Hippys are brave when they think a fence will stop a beat down.
Not so brave when they realize the fence is for thier protection all of a sudden.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I'm in the extreme upper lefthand corner of CA, our local supply of hippies gets thin in the winter, need to run down to Arcata to get a work out.

"Nothing like a good piece of Hickory" Clint Eastwood in Pale Rider

The 560 and 562 are supposed to be the exact same saw just with different bar mounts :dizzy: did we really need that?? Just make it one or the other and get on with it.

Are you sure the 560 is an xp, and not the 359 replacement?

Thanks for the info, anyway! :cheers:

Can someone tell me the reason saw weights go up with EPA stuff? For example, the 362 is almost a pound more for very little extra oomph--what makes up the weight?

Thanks,

S

Can someone tell me the reason saw weights go up with EPA stuff? For example, the 362 is almost a pound more for very little extra oomph--what makes up the weight?

Thanks,

S

Unnecessary parts, room for unnecessary parts, mounting for unnecssary parts, Heavier springs to dampen the weight of unnecessary parts.

Maybe Husky got thier heads out of thier keester after the Porky 575/576,455/460 and figured out where to save weight on the design.

I have my fingers crossed.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Thanks,

S

Takes more metal to make a strato saw = more weight.

In saws of equal displacement a strato will be heavier but will have a noticeable power advantage and a lot more torque.

This should help me...got my eye on a dealer that is stuck w/ several 365's...just a matter of time before he will want them out to get new stock in.

I think a lot of people are jumping the gun just a little bit. Who's to say the new strato 372 won't eat up a non strato 372. Who's to sat a ported strato 372 won't be stronger than a non strato 372.

We need to wait until a few respected members run them, port them, and weigh them before we pass judgment. Remember how people slammed the 441 before they ever ran one, and how everybody thought they wouldn't port well.:dizzy:

Only time will tell if the new 372 will be a good saw or not, I have a hunch it will be.:cheers:

Last edited:
I think a lot of people are jumping the gun just a little bit. Who's to say the new strato 372 won't eat up a non strato 372. Who's to sat a ported strato 372 won't be stronger than a non strato 372.

We need to wait until a few respected members run them, port them, and weigh them before we pass judgment. Remember how people slammed the 441 before they ever ran one, and how everybody thought they wouldn't port well.:dizzy:

Only time will tell if the new 372 will be a good saw or not, I have a hunch it will be.:cheers:

Good post...change sparks concern, sometimes well deserved. However, I'm hoping the new ones will be worthy.

Remember how people slammed the 441 before they ever ran one, and how everybody thought they wouldn't port well.:dizzy:

Now Andre we all know you can't mod a 441 :confused: what kinda bull are you tring to feed us. :D

guess i got lucky.

i have been dragging my but to rebuild a couple 262s and a 359.guess i better quit selling saws.

Yeah. Remember the 1979 Camaro?
Same name as the 1969. Just heavier,slower,and more EPA garbage choking it to death.

Newer, faster, more reliable, usually gets a chance to stand on it's own merits. Like the 575-576. ;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

yea just like the nova went from a v8 powered muscle car to a 4 cylinder pos, but its still a nova:dizzy:

They're already here guys!

Wel........not the saws, but they do have the hats! :givebeer:

I have a couple calls out there. When I get the details, I'll pass them along.

Latest posts

Back