372 vacuum/pressure test, what am I doing wrong?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It happens

One time I sliced myself wide open right behind my ankle and to the top.
I was laying down while my buddy was wraping it up and looked to the side and saw what looked to be a piece of white rubber about and 1" 1/2 long and about 1/4" in the middle. I picked it up and asked what it was ..it crossed our minds that it may have come out of my leg but it was so clean looking...I figured it couldn't be so I had it between my teeth checking it out then bit down real hard, shearing it in half with my teeth and throw it back on the ground.

Meanwhile after x-rays, the doc comes back in and says I will need surgery and there was a large portion of my tendon missing.

All I was thinking is..oh G-d..I hope my buddy doesn't say anything.
As soon as the doc left he slaps me on the shoulder like he just made this huge discovery, then says...That was that rubber looking thing you ate remember? Lol
So yeah... always pay attention to detail especially when they could be your own body parts.

I'm like a misbehaving child.

Damn and I thought I had done some weird **** over the years!

I found an o-ring that fit the end of the sleeve perfect and installed it, waiting on an exhaust gasket to finish up. I'm in the middle of nowhere and have to order everything and wait.

The O-ring is not one you can pick out of an assortment. It is very very thin. Fine frog hair thin. Picture doesn't represent size very well

20181013_163803.jpg

Is this the only saw that needs thread sealant on pump? IE: Husqvarna 353---359-
This is the first time I have read this and It makes a persons mind wander...
Any saws with thread holes for bolts, that are open to crank case should have sealant applied.

I also found out the 576 needs sealant on the pump bolts because the holes are also open to the crankcase volume. I used blue loctite and it passed vacuum testing. They had threadlocker on them from the factory, not silicone sealant. Either should work though.

I was surprised the holes are not blind tapped, especially given the screw length vs total hole depth.

Latest posts

Back