372 xp first ever porting rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does that tool have a website to purchase from? Looks like I have a little more work to do on this saw, haha I should have found someone on here and paid them to do it would have saved me a lotta time. But than I guess I wouldn't have a hobby. Thanks guys

Does that tool have a website to purchase from? Looks like I have a little more work to do on this saw, haha I should have found someone on here and paid them to do it would have saved me a lotta time. But than I guess I wouldn't have a hobby. Thanks guys

Naah, you'll have a great running saw when you get done with it.

IMHO, you need to window your piston since you raise the cylinder wall. There's no reason to raise it like that if you're not going to open up the piston. Also, doing so has created a dead air space up the side of the piston, trapping fresh fuel charge. Opening up the piston will allow the charge to flow through the piston, down the sides of the piston, and up the transfers. That will also help keep the crown of your piston cooler. That's the idea behind the mod to begin with.

Latest posts

Back