372 XP Flywheel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might want to post over @ the swap meet thread, 365 flywheel will also work.

IMO your doing the right thing about asking here first

I had the same thing happen on a saw that was working on for a friend and I sent a few privite messages here on AS and two memmbers here had them on ebay both were from saws the bought and were parting them out. I didnt think I was going to get either one of them on ebay because they were $.99 plus shipping while it ended up I got both fly wheels for $1.89 plus shipping :)

Check ebay it has been vary good to me looking for chain saw parts and none of the stuff ive bought was after market junk

Dont need the key IMO. Just used for aiding alignment. I just use marker marks to line up and then tighten.

You are correct. The key just locates the flywheel, it's not meant to hold it in place. Just make sure you have the crank & flywheel hub good & clean with carb cleaner. Make sure the nut is good & tight. If you want to boost the performance a lil you can also advance the flywheel (Move it counter clockwise on the crank) half a key width. :msp_thumbsup:

now you say advance the flywheel....Like half a keyway?? is this adding to the dangers of melting it down???

now you say advance the flywheel....Like half a keyway?? is this adding to the dangers of melting it down???

No, no melt down. The keyway is only about 1/8'' wide so you only move the flywheel 1/16''. It'll give around 10 more degrees of advance. I do it on all the 372's I build.

Latest posts

Back