372 xp mod?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very easy, I just posted it in 394 muffler mod thread a few minutes ago. The recipe is the same.

I have pulled the spark arrestor screen on mine and then bent open the stock exhaust exit a bit. I had my saw a bit too rich and this leaned it out slightly so I imagine its making a bit more power. No timed cuts, so I don't have any proof.
I keep the chain sharp too! best mod their is!
Ian

to verify on the muffler.
you are pulling the support off the muffler
take the screen out
open up the muffler exit a little bit.
reassemble
run it and adjust the high to get the burble?

have been reading quite a bit on the muffler mod and other stuff. I just dont want to mess up my $800 saw

For a real rip roaring 372 woodsaw, braze a 5/8" pipe on the sprocket side of the muffler, lower the intake port to 61mm, keep the exhaust height stock, reduce squish to 25 thou. with a thinner base gasket and find a non rev limiting coil like out of a 272 or 394. You may even want to widen the exhaust and intake port a bit and increase the intake flow where the rubber boot joins the jug.
All or any of these mods will make your saw run better and cooler, especialy the muffler mod. These are a combination of figures I got from KD and FMC who don't object to me disclosing them. And they work, so have at it. You could also turn down the base of the cyl. and use the stock gasket to get the reqiured squish. This is all self explanatory so if you have any questions, don't pm me, rather give Crofter a dingle.:)
John

thanks for the help guys I'll give it a try soon as I get a little time later,guess I gotta get off this dang comp eh?

Back