372 xp vs 576xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demontang

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been looking hard at those husqvarna saws. The 390xp and 576xp had my eye but someone told me to look at the 372xp. The 372xp looks like a nice saw by the specs but I'll be running the saw to fall trees and I cut a out 4-5 cords a season plus what ever I cut for camp wood. I like the big cc saw for the fast cutting an less bogging in hard wood and I have a stihl 031 a for small stuff.

Been looking hard at those husqvarna saws. The 390xp and 576xp had my eye but someone told me to look at the 372xp. The 372xp looks like a nice saw by the specs but I'll be running the saw to fall trees and I cut a out 4-5 cords a season plus what ever I cut for camp wood. I like the big cc saw for the fast cutting an less bogging in hard wood and I have a stihl 031 a for small stuff.
yes the 372 is a very good saw also its very easy to service it ,

Having a 576 & 365 and having owned a 372 I would recommend a 576xpat if you can afford it. The anti-vibe and torque is far superior, it does give up a little in the weight department to a 372. The 372 is an awesome saw with parts everywhere for dirt cheap. With the number of great used saws around I see no need to purchase a new saw. Don't forget a 365 can be had pretty cheap comparatively new and used without giving up much performance to a 372.

I guess really I need to find someone that has those saws and try and run them. I know the weight is different but after running the 045 super like I have, i don't think the weight is a big factor to me.

My dealer is convinced that the 390 is a better option than a 576 as you only gain a pound for much more power. I have never run a 390, I have run next to a stock 385 with my 576 and cssw no noticeable difference with a 24" bar

Well I struck out. My local shops don't have any big saws in stock to fondle. I haven't found a side cover for my 045 yet locally so looks like the 031 will have to fall a few trees this weekend

Latest posts

Back