372 XP X-Torque

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratpack

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Bought this saw last week, 2011 model, impulse buy, have not used it yet, waiting for snow to go away. Every here and there I read about(after I bought) this x-torque model melting down in fine fashion,P&C, crank bearings etc. How and why would a mighty husky do this. Have an old white top 61 rancher, bought new in 83 or84 and she'll still go without complaining.

What is the deal with decomp, are they problematic,cause a lean-out situation??? Do ya put a brass plug in there or.....? Muffler mod, heard alot of guys do it, gonna have to archive that maybe. Thanks for replies guys!

They are set lean from factory to meet EPA regs, make sure carb is set up for you and run it !!

I had one for a couple years, ran like a champ, sounds like a CR 80 motor when its rippin through wood.

Ratpack, look up "afleetcommand" on youtube. Walt does videos on these and is going to be concentrating on the xtorq this year I think. One of the failures he has noticed is the bearing cages in the clutch side bearing can let go. I don't think this happens often, but it is a failure mode of the xtorqs.

Bad things happen, the good news is that its all fixable :)

Here's my bolt for bolt vid on the xtorq ....

here's one of Walts vids, check around on his channel for more info, lots to know

Latest posts

Back