372 xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a wimp :laughing:.
There's a reason I run saws with light/reduced weight bars.
I also have been known to only fill as saw half or 2/3's so it weighs less, you also get a break quicker that way ;).

That joke about the boss-man only filling his saw 2/3s full while everyone else fills full.....that joke goes back a ways. I heard it from a guy on a crew before I started doing tree work, lol!

I imagine it's one of the few jokes that are true more often than not.

372 is a solid saw. After running my 572 and 372 side by side a few times this year, I really like the 372 more. Weight, handling/feel, power, throttle response, and recoil cover that barely builds up dust/debris.

If I had the spare funds, I'd go trade the 572 in on a 372 and have it modded.

That joke about the boss-man only filling his saw 2/3s full while everyone else fills full.....that joke goes back a ways. I heard it from a guy on a crew before I started doing tree work, lol!

I imagine it's one of the few jokes that are true more often than not.

372 is a solid saw. After running my 572 and 372 side by side a few times this year, I really like the 372 more. Weight, handling/feel, power, throttle response, and recoil cover that barely builds up dust/debris.

If I had the spare funds, I'd go trade the 572 in on a 372 and have it modded.
I never knew it was a joke, that being said I am the boss.
I've ran and owned them all, and I'll cut with whatever one has a sharp chain that's the right length and is full of fuel and oil, or at least partially full :). They all are great saws.

What a wimp :laughing:.
There's a reason I run saws with light/reduced weight bars.
I also have been known to only fill as saw half or 2/3's so it weighs less, you also get a break quicker that way ;).
On an older note, my grandpa told me back when he was a young man working at his grandparents they would stop and sharpen their scythes pretty frequently. He said he thought they were stopping because you need to keep your scythe razor sharp, but as he got older he realized they just wanted to take a break.

On an older note, my grandpa told me back when he was a young man working at his grandparents they would stop and sharpen their scythes pretty frequently. He said he thought they were stopping because you need to keep your scythe razor sharp, but as he got older he realized they just wanted to take a break.
I always stop to sharpen my chain when I refuel too lol.
Those old folks are pretty smart :).

I never knew it was a joke, that being said I am the boss.
I've ran and owned them all, and I'll cut with whatever one has a sharp chain that's the right length and is full of fuel and oil, or at least partially full :). They all are great saws.

Wait, WHAT???????

I thought that your name was Brett 346XP Chipper for a Reason, I didn’t think that you ever ran Anything but 346XP’s……………..

Rumor is that you even had Cannon custom build you a 60” K095 .325/.050 Super Light Weight bar, and that you run custom double skip chain on it

You have Run and OWNED saws other than 346XP’s????????

Please, say it ain’t so

I just felt the Earth shift on it’s Axis, and I will be looking to the West for the Sunrise in the morning

(Big, BIG GRIN)

Doug

Wait, WHAT???????

I thought that your name was Brett 346XP Chipper for a Reason, I didn’t think that you ever ran Anything but 346XP’s……………..

Rumor is that you even had Cannon custom build you a 60” K095 .325/.050 Super Light Weight bar, and that you run custom double skip chain on it

Please, say it ain’t so

I just felt the Earth shift on it’s Axis, and I will be looking to the West for the Sunrise in the morning

(Big, BIG GRIN)

Doug
......he needs to sell me one of those ...20 ...346xp he has stashed in the kitchen , basement .....LOL ...

Wait, WHAT???????

Please, say it ain’t so

(Big, BIG GRIN)

Doug
Shoooot man, a late model 550 mk1 will take the 346s lunch money :laugh: . I do really enjoy running a nice 346 though.
......he needs to sell me one of those ...20 ...346xp he has stashed in the kitchen , basement .....LOL ...
Lol, I don't have that many here, although thru the yrs i certainly have :p.
This one is going to a buddy of mine, from the kitchen to to woods:chainsaw:.
20210924_234751.jpg

Shoooot man, a late model 550 mk1 will take the 346s lunch money :laugh: . I do really enjoy running a nice 346 though.

Lol, I don't have that many here, although thru the yrs i certainly have :p.
This one is going to a buddy of mine, from the kitchen to to woods:chainsaw:.
View attachment 939049
Even with no lunch money .. and broke as a joke .....the 346xp oe and ne hold a special spot in my heart , and bring a smile to my face every-time i run one ........i have owned and sold a good many myself...

Even with no lunch money .. and broke as a joke .....the 346xp oe and ne hold a special spot in my heart , and bring a smile to my face every-time i run one ........i have owned and sold a good many myself...
You know I like them too, but I also like flippy caps, even better handling, better fuel economy, better tensioner location, the return to run master switch, fuel sight glass(plastic lol), and the captive bar nuts. I don't like the grey cover, but you get those on the NE as well and they can be changed out on either one so that's not a deal breaker.
Stock NE.

Ported oe.

Stock late model 550, same chain on all of them.

You know I like them too, but I also like flippy caps, even better handling, better fuel economy, better tensioner location, the return to run master switch, fuel sight glass(plastic lol), and the captive bar nuts. I don't like the grey cover, but you get those on the NE as well and they can be changed out on either one so that's not a deal breaker.
Stock NE.

Ported oe.

Stock late model 550, same chain on all of them.

So a ported OE isn’t much faster than a stock NE? :nofunny:

So a ported OE isn’t much faster than a stock NE? :nofunny:
Not that one. That was one of Brads, I didn't think it was that fast at all.
Main point is the 550 is my choice when I want to get work done quick, but I enjoy running the 346's still.
I did see your video today, that one was running great.

Not that one. That was one of Brads, I didn't think it was that fast at all.
Main point is the 550 is my choice when I want to get work done quick, but I enjoy running the 346's still.
I did see your video today, that one was running great.
I don’t believe I’ve directly compared oe vs ne so I was kinda curious/surprised.

And Thank you

Latest posts

Back