372XP and T540XP Bar and Chain Options?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt372

Reaction score
My name is Matt. I'm new on Arborist Site. I've used the site to do a lot of research so I figured I'd join. I have a few questions I can't find the answers too. I was hoping you guys can help me out!
1) I am looking for a good "all around " or multi use saw chain. I hear alot about stihl RS. Id like to just buy one large roll and make the chains I need. I'm running 372XP, 365 and a T540XP. (I know the 540 will have to have different size chain) I'm thinking a semi chisel and I know I want a round tooth. Mostly cutting pine, popular, maple, ash and some hardwood like oak. some clean and some dirty.

2) I also need to get bars for the 372 and the 540. What would be the best bar brand? I have been looking at Tsumura 20" .058 3/8 pitch for the 372 on Comstock Logging Supplies. I'm having a hard time finding one for the 540. I'd like a 12" and 14" 3/8" .050.

I appreciate any help and ideas!
Thanks, Matt

My 70cc saws mostly get used with 20" bars. The Tsumura light bars are great and aren't too dear. @redbull660 sells them for a great price.

RS is full chisel. RM is semi chisel. Stihl chain is good but spendy. You can save some money by running Oregon chain, but it's a bit of a personal preference. Not sure what the Oregon semi chisel is called. DPX maybe.

Can't help you with the little saw stuff.

Latest posts

Back