372XP B.B - Hyway Piston Defect?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

centannim055

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Got my 372XP B.B top end today. I noticed this weird bubbling under the piston? I wasn't sure if this was something normal or something not normal?

Thoughts? Thanks

Attachments

• piston.png
    piston.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Looks like a really crappy piston to me.

Not only those voids, but the flashing all around the inside of the bottom of the skirt, and on the underside of the crown. It's not a well finished piece. And appears to not be even be poured well.

Looks like a really crappy piston to me.

Not only those voids, but the flashing all around the inside of the bottom of the skirt, and on the underside of the crown. It's not a well finished piece. And appears to not be even be poured well.
Where are you seeing the flashing in the photo? Not disagreeing, genuinely curious

I'm sorry. I just looked again. It was an optical illusion. Those "voids" are actually bumps. But in any case, that piston is terribly finished and the casting marks are plain horrible, imo. Perhaps it shows up so well because that is an excellent photo.

I'm used to motorcycle pistons. I don't think I've seen one that looks as rough as that. I have some old ones laying around. I'm going to look at them closer.

Back