372xp carb question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DarkTimber

DarkTimber

ArboristSite Operative
I am in the process of working on a 2000 year model 372xp the problem is gettin the saw to idle consistintly. I have just installed a brand new carb diaphram kit and whenever you set the saw down the idle slows down when you pick the saw up it speeds up. Also if you give the carb a light touch toward the bar side of the saw it speeds up when you give it a slight touch twoard the starter handle side it slows down. Could the fact that the throttle cable has been streched and then rigged back to make it work cause all of these problems or should I be looking for an air leak somewhere? This is not one of my personal saws so I don't know a whole lot about it but the saw looks to have suffered some tramatic event some time in its life becouse the fuel tank handle looks to be wrong as well as the front handlebar and the chain break handle is broken but from what I can see the case is not craked anywhere. Sorry for being so long winded and thanks also for any help it is always appericated.

DarkTimber

albert

albert

Addicted to ArboristSite
Could have something to do with the cable or av springs. May also have an air leak at the intake/impulse area. If the cable is rigged I would replace it and then carefully go over the other areas mentioned.

DarkTimber

DarkTimber

ArboristSite Operative
Hey albert question about the AV springs haw would this effect the way it runs because the one from the piston to the handle bar is bent so far back that it is streched? Thanks for all the help.

hamish

hamish

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
To rule out your mounts etc..... just disconnect the throttle cable at the carb and see if the issues are still present. Process of elimination and troubleshooting. Dont forget to check you fuel line and tank vent also.

DarkTimber

DarkTimber

ArboristSite Operative
Thanks for all the help you guys are great will check these areas today to see if I have missed anything going through it the fuel line from the tank to the carb seems to be in good shape and the line from the carb to the cylinder seems to be in good shape. So thanks again for all the help you guys are great nothing like having all this experience just for the asking. Yall are much appericiated.

Latest posts