372xp scored piston and cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched Masterminds video and used his method. I used a die grinder, sanding roll, about one inch 220 grit and kerosene.

I'm going to be doing masterminds process soon gotta gather a few things first. And get a piston. I have a friend that's got a 371 husqvarna that's supposed to be the same saw pretty much. He said I could have it and cannibalize both for one saw. Anyone have thoughts on that.

And yes it's a solid saw. It leaks bar oil if it sits for a while. But runs well. He has swapped back to stihl saws and doesn't use it anymore

Picked another 372xp today man have I been having luck finding saws here lately. It was totally free guy said it was running a month ago when he got it in a trade deal. Covers are rough figure ill check it out and maybe turn two into one and use left over parts to bargain with or put together a toy:rock2::yes:

Picked another 372xp today man have I been having luck finding saws here lately. It was totally free guy said it was running a month ago when he got it in a trade deal. Covers are rough figure ill check it out and maybe turn two into one and use left over parts to bargain with or put together a toy:rock2::yes:
maybe one of those rough saws would be a good platform for a big bore kit, just to play with. Then you could have one to compare It to and then maybe make a thread comparing the two. But I agree on your original saw stay oem whenever possible.

Also YOU SUCK!. Good job finding so many 372s cheap, my favorite and best 372 is one that was given to me and just needed a top end.

Lmao. I usually don't have that kind of luck ever but it seems to be happening right now.Yea idiotwithasaw I thinking that's what I'm gonna do after I get one of them going good. Keep one oem and BB the other and play with it ;) ill try my best to keep everyone updated on the progress.

I also want to clarify, I Dont think that a big bore is superior to oem in any way, I'm just saying if you got the saw for free and all it needed was a top end and you already had a good oem saw, I would be tempted to try the big bore kit just to compare the two. If you dont like it or are disappointed then you shouldn't be out a whole lot of money and can put a new piston in the oem jug and roll on.

All I can say man 3 372's and they all need work, let the CAD begin. You won't be happy making one out of two or three, you will be looking for a parts saw to fix the third one then another to fix the one you dragged in and so on till your buried in saws. Welcome to our little addiction enabling site.

O yeah I know what your saying. I've been addicted to these small 2 stroke engines for a long time. My grandpa used to cut them down and use em on giant scale radio control airplanes. Last one him and I did before he passed as a p-51 mustang with a 9 foot wingspan and would reach speeds over 200 mph WOT. It was a big Sachs dolmar twin we took out of a commercial weed eater I believe been a few years. It was modified with port and polish carb and such with tuned pipes that we built. It was a serious beast.

I'm not entirely sure bit I think the main differences between the 371 and 372 were the 371 had a front chain tensioner and a single ring piston, I think the porting on the jug is the same but I'm not sure. Also the 371 had the hd-6 carb where the 372 has the hd-12. not sure if there was any cross over or if one has any benefits over the other. Just letting you know what I've learned, I'm by no means an expert everyone on here knows more than me and I will cede to them every time.

Thanks for the info bud ill check everything out before I jump to far into it. I love working on and messing with these engine I know some but still always learning and thinking. I really like the big cc saws but they hard to find down here unless they're completely trashed.

Sounds like u are one lucky guy. Make sure you check over all the rubber parts real good before you put it all back together, and replace anything that's questionable. Better to do it now while it's apart than have to disassemble it later.

Im gonna pressure check it and see what happens. Probably just gonna go ahead and replace crank case seals. And shine her up like a new penny :)

Latest posts

Back