372xp scored piston and cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright boys. I got her tore down completely this afternoon. All went pretty good. I believe for sure I found the culprit for the damage to p/c. One of the seals failed because the back side or inside was separated from the rest of the seal. Bearings will be replaced as will the seals. Anyone have recommendations of where to get them. Got a great supplier here with mostly NOS bearings and seals. Anyway thought y'all might want to know what I found. Ill get some pics of it up here tomorrow

thats the o ring that goes behind the bushing, they are about $1 at the dealer. surprised yours came out intact.

Those two were barely attached to each other when it was still in the case fell apart when I knocked it out. Looks like part of the seal lip to me. The o-Ring was still on the sleeve in one piece

When I went back and looked at the picture I noticed that they looked like the same size. You learn something new everyday. Too bad you couldn't have just pulled the seals and replaced them. But do it right the first time, or not at all

Alright boys we have a runner once again. Did bearings and seals. Base gasket delete. And muffler mod. Got carb set at about 1 1/2 turns out. Don't have a tach so I have to go by ear. Need to find one though. Comp is right at 200 with old guage. Can't get video of it running to load yet. Well there it is boys. Further details to come.

I'm not entirely sure bit I think the main differences between the 371 and 372 were the 371 had a front chain tensioner and a single ring piston, I think the porting on the jug is the same but I'm not sure. Also the 371 had the hd-6 carb where the 372 has the hd-12. not sure if there was any cross over or if one has any benefits over the other. Just letting you know what I've learned, I'm by no means an expert everyone on here knows more than me and I will cede to them every time.
Wouldn't know about the cylinder.
The 371 also had a extra tab on the inside dog for a three point attachment. Brilliant but no longer continues it. I customized mine that way for my 372's

I couldn't get my hands on the 371 guy backed out on me. So I can't compare them side by side. Whats the three point set-up your talking about westboastfaller.

Back