372xp squish

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskyboy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Is it ok to check squish after all assembled with 1194? Or before final assembly?

i bolt it down dry and check it before final assembly but the 372 is almost always gonna have room. i don't recall ever seeing a 372 that didn't have room for a gasket delete.

What kind of solder do you guys use? Electrical? Thanks for the fast replies:rock:

I had some .062 electrical solder and checked squish, it ended up at .020:chainsaw:

I had some .062 electrical solder and checked squish, it ended up at .020:chainsaw:
Your squish is a measurable amount less than that. When using squish that thick, and with as much force as is required to compress it, you will get a reading greater than the actual clearance. You should re-check with solder half that thick.

I think I use .043" soldering wire??? Could be off a few thousands

I went out and got .40 solder this time, the thinnest Home Depot/lowes sells, got the same exact reading as .062 solder , .020 squish.

I have yet to see squish of .020 when tested with .06o solder not drop to .013 to .016 when re tested with .023 or .030 solder.

I think I use .043" soldering wire??? Could be off a few thousands

i use .050 solder i think. just a old big roll of really soft stuff with lead. so old you couldn't buy it anymore. everythings lead free nowadays. when squish is gonna be anything smaller then .025 i snip the tip of the solder piece in half with side cutters. can barely feel it squish the solder but it does. i've recieved a few gasket deleted saws from members here that were WAY tighter then they said. like dangerously tight. it's screwed me up now as i find it hard to trust anyone when it comes to saws. anytime i receive a saw even if someone else says they already have gone over it i go over it with a fine tooth comb. out of every saw i've received here i have NEVER received one that didn't have some kind of issue.

Back