372xp x-torq questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTM

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I stopped at the co-op the other day to pick up some wedges. There were some shiny new saws hanging on the wall. They had a 372 there. Always thought they were ugly. Like a Ford transit ugly. I was bored so I picked it up and held in my hands. It had a 24” bar on it. As I pulled it towards my hip something happened. I began to feel this warmth spreading from the center of my body outwards. First thing I did was to check to see if I peed myself. I am getting old. No wet spot, good. Move the saw around a bit. And straight away this is the most balanced machine I’ve ever held realizing I have been struck with the most virulent form of acute CAD. So here are me questions:
1) is the coil unlimited and should I change it out if it is (I’m tuning impaired, like to use a tach and tweak in the wood)?
2) who does a good woods port?
3) will the saw oil a 24” bar well?
4) will it pull the 24 with full comp?
5) do they respond noticeably well with just a muffler mod?
6) does it have some decent torque?

As you can see in my signature I have no need for this saw but I’d like to use it to compliment my 562 in the woods. The 562 is ported.

Swap coil out for black unlimited, muff mod alone is unimpressive. They need some grinding.

I've run a 32 in 60" spruce with no oiling issues. I do run a 24 with full comp 90% of the time.

The 390 full wrap clutch cover is a nice upgrade on the xt.

Have fun.

I ran a 32" GB with no oiling issues, but most of the time I'm running a 28" Tsumura with a skip chain. the GB had a full comp chain and it pulled wonderfully. All it's got is a muffler mod and mine showed significant torque increase from it. When stock it struggled to pull the 32", but after the mod it didnt have an issue. I'm gonna try my 36" Tsumura with a full skip chain and see how that goes.

Back