372Xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnS

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a 359, 262XP, 288XP and 385XP. Thats just been what I've gotten my hands on by chance. Had I bought them all new I would have probably gotten a 372XP to fill that 70cc gap.

I want to throw myself more into the firewood biz this year. Anyone think I'll be missing that 372 all that much. I never had the chance to run one.

It will depend on how big of wood you get into mostly. If you stay under 20" would for the most part you might not. If you get into 20-30" wood you might like to have one to have a lighter saw than the 288 or 385.

Don't worry yourself. Those saws you have will work just fine. By the time you wear them out you will know what you need next.

Nardoo

With a 262 and 385, you really don't need a 372.

If you're on the fence though, now is the time to get one.

No Help

I get no help here with my compulsive saw buying:)

Why? Are the 372's going away soon?

I have been looking around for a lightly used dead one to fix, but they don't seem to be around much. I guess there are a lot fewer joe homeowner types buying bigger saws and burning them up.

my ported 372 kicks the crud out of my buddies bone stock 385 that with me tunning both saws./

i think if you want to spend money i think it would be best spetn in getn the 385 ported that saw is suposebly a sleeping monster in stock form port it and it becomes a beast. haveing this saw ported will cost way less then buying a new 372.

that is what id do if i had cash to burn i see nno reason for a new 372.

I get no help here with my compulsive saw buying:)

Why? Are the 372's going away soon?

I have been looking around for a lightly used dead one to fix, but they don't seem to be around much. I guess there are a lot fewer joe homeowner types buying bigger saws and burning them up.

The 372s are being discontinued. There's new stock left in the pipeline but when that dries up, supposedly that's the end of them in North America.

The 372s are being discontinued. There's new stock left in the pipeline but when that dries up, supposedly that's the end of them in North America.

Get em while there hot. But not too cheap. Price here went up quite a bit in the last year. That sux.

Port 385

That might be a good point.

I ported my 359 myself and will try the 288 soon. But I probably owe it to myself to see what someone that knows what they're doing can do with a saw. I have not heard anyone say different from what you said. The 385 is supposed to be a sleeping giant.

By the way thnx all for responses

I have a 359, 262XP, 288XP and 385XP. Thats just been what I've gotten my hands on by chance. Had I bought them all new I would have probably gotten a 372XP to fill that 70cc gap.

I want to throw myself more into the firewood biz this year. Anyone think I'll be missing that 372 all that much. I never had the chance to run one.

If you buy a good running 372xp you will have no doubt that you did the wise thing. :cheers:

You could also get a 390 topend and have it ported to put on the 385. That would bump the cc up a little bit and with porting have a saw with quite a bit more power.

you got some awful good saw there all ready!--but ain't we all a case for CAD!

what i would do--humm i might port the 385 myself and shop around for a fixer upper 372xp to play with!

i don't think you NEED a 372--the saws you got will do fine. but the 372 is a fine saw. it is tough to tell someone NOT to buy a 372!:rockn:

Unless you just want one, I don't see any need for one with the saws you have.

The 385xp doesn't feel much bigger than the 372xp IMO.

:agree2:

I have both the 372 and the 385, the 385 doesn't really feel two pounds heavier like the spec charts say. The next 385 that comes through the door here is getting modified.

Latest posts

Back