need advice removing 372XP clutch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a sleeve and washer that the seal rides on that you should remove before you install the seal. If you install the seal over it, you run the risk of turning the seal inside out on the sleeve lip. After the seal is installed, the large end of that sleeve slides over the crank and you can twist it into the seal with some grease on it

There is a sleeve and washer that the seal rides on that you should remove before you install the seal. If you install the seal over it, you run the risk of turning the seal inside out on the sleeve lip. After the seal is installed, the large end of that sleeve slides over the crank and you can twist it into the seal with some grease on it
excellent advice. I appreciate it.

received the O-ring for the crankshaft today. supposed to be OEM but came in an unmarked baggie. does this look correct? didn't expect it to be so thin.
View attachment 1131035
Yeah that’s probably it. I wouldn’t worry about whether it’s OEM or not. Most of them I have rebuilt no longer had them in them there anyway. Either they disintegrated or weren’t there to begin with. I just smear some sealant inside the bushing when I install it

yeah, it doesn't look like it would survive long against a spinning bearing. will do on the sealant. thanks again.
It all spins together. Inner race of the bearing, the crank, and the under lip of that bushing are all mated together in one spot.

But I don’t know where they go. Lol. They’re almost always gone by the time I get to them

installed the muffler, kitted the carb and few other small things today while waiting for the crank seal I effed up. wanted to clean the high and low speed adjuster screw passages so I removed the plastic retainer and broke off the plastic limiters. any issues with this? service manual says to break in a new piston and rings with the limiters out 1 turn each for I think 3 to 5 hours.
PXL_20231128_203926896.MP.jpgPXL_20231128_212348628.MP.jpg

installed the muffler, kitted the carb and few other small things today while waiting for the crank seal I effed up. wanted to clean the high and low speed adjuster screw passages so I removed the plastic retainer and broke off the plastic limiters. any issues with this? service manual says to break in a new piston and rings with the limiters out 1 turn each for I think 3 to 5 hours.
View attachment 1131256View attachment 1131257
I’d trim the limiter tabs off and reinstall the caps. They help the jets stay put so the tune doesn’t wander. Also is a bunch easier hitting the plastic caps with a tuning screwdriver than it is those tiny screws

Mr. huskihl. how in the hay do you get the toggle joint spring to compress to where it needs to be?

View attachment 1131582

Take the left end of the spring out, get the knuckle where it goes in the “brake on” position, and while continually holding everything in, push the spring back in with a large slotted screwdriver pushed into the end of the spring. And then install the mechanism cover

Take the left end of the spring out, get the knuckle where it goes in the “brake on” position, and while continually holding everything in, push the spring back in with a large slotted screwdriver pushed into the end of the spring. And then install the mechanism cover
will give it a whirl tomorrow. thank you sir.

Agrre
Post 93 and 98
There is a Dentist that makes (Has a Good Machinist friend) a crank install tool(s) that will get you to drooling and dreaming. He is on another site but sells them on the net. I bought all the options he had for around 300$. I think his complete set up will do most any saw you come across. Be a lot cheaper for just the one platform/crank thread class of saws.
Yes, I bought a set, they will work on pretty well any saw todays all rounder will encounter

Latest posts

Back