• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hatchet13

hatchet13

ArboristSite Operative
Got a 2011 372xp x-torx . Hate to sell it but gotta get out from under it ASAP 350 shipped
raqahune.jpg

hadejave.jpg
runs great p/c are mint

RiverLogger

RiverLogger

ArboristSite Operative
Same saw you started an thread on in June? Maybe you could link to it so more info would be available. Russ
I'd like to see the sellers response to this. Inquiring minds want to know.........

Sounded like this saw was a real basket case. I'd like to know how you remedied the issues if this is the same saw. I assume it is the same saw because the compression test picture is the same:cool:

RiverLogger

RiverLogger

ArboristSite Operative
One more just for giggles.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/372xp-low-comp-bad-decomp-valve.260560/

This is a great deal as long as the story matches. Just want to know the real story. Last I can gather, is either the saw has 130 on a gauge he claims is dead on or it has 160 on a gauge he claims may be off. The last saw I bought here wasn't what it was advertised to be and I don't want that to happen to anybody else with any saw. Only asking for the rest of the story here.

Bluefish

Bluefish

I saw that...
I read the same threads Brad. I made my post because it seemed like a low post member was once again trying to mess with us. I want to be wrong but sadly I doubt it. This stuff really bums me out. Russ

cgraham1

cgraham1

I feel old
Same saw you started an thread on in June? Maybe you could link to it so more info would be available. Russ
Looks like the same saw to me... notice the nick in the paint right below the air filter, and the front handle is the same, too.
That's most likely Wht will be done a slug n rings base delete n put it to work.
I, too would like to know the whole story here... is it an xt or an xp? I do know from experience that a base gasket delete will bump the compression quite a bit, and if new rings were installed at the same time... ;)

mavusa4u.jpg

Just got this 372 ex pee was supposed to be running at 160 psi but she's a bit more worn than the guy led me to believe. Checked it with a known to be accurate gauge and it only makes 125-130psi. Which is a bit low for this saw I believe. Piston and cylinder look ok. Anybody got a recommendation for good rings?

cgraham1

cgraham1

I feel old
Just tried cleanin the valve and checked it with soapy water no leaks still makin only 130psi. I'm thinkin the guy I got it from's gauge is off a bit, because mine doesn't even come close to what that gauge is showing.
zebu6yna.jpg
This is the same picture he showed in his thread, claiming it's the (inaccurate) comp. reading from the guy he bought it from. Now he's trying to pass it off as the current comp. reading on this saw??? o_O

RiverLogger

RiverLogger

ArboristSite Operative
I read the same threads Brad. I made my post because it seemed like a low post member was once again trying to mess with us. I want to be wrong but sadly I doubt it. This stuff really bums me out. Russ
I wouldn't have even noticed without you saying something Russ. Good thing we have each other to keep an eye on this stuff. I have zero interest in this saw but want to make sure anybody who does knows the full scoop.

hatchet13

hatchet13

ArboristSite Operative
It is the same saw that I posted about . After cleaning it up a bit a lookin it over i fount that the compression release was leaking cleaned the sealing surface with polishing compound n now it seats verry well and makes the compression. That it was susposed to . Saw is actually sold to a guy locally he brought his gauge just to be shure n it was rite on . Sorry for any confusion I understand were y'all are commin from . Not tryin to scam anybody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk