• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian_NC

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to sell this saw, but it just never gets used. It belonged to my Dad, he bought it new. It has never been used much, the concrete floor in his basement did more to hurt the paint than use did. The bar is the one that came on it new. Other than a carb rebuild in 2012 it has never had a bolt turned on it. Asking 350 plus actual shipping.

Attachments

• 20230826_105326.jpg
    20230826_105326.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3
  • 20230826_105258.jpg
    20230826_105258.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230826_105310.jpg
    20230826_105310.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230826_105400.jpg
    20230826_105400.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230826_105332.jpg
    20230826_105332.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230826_105249.jpg
    20230826_105249.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
Man I hate to see you sell a saw like that! I mean its definitely a cherry little example,.. but if it was your dads?
I have my dads Homelite super XL2 and its not worth spit but no money can buy it.
I hope you find $ laying on the sidewalk and don't have to sell this saw.

And if you selling it cause it needs more power there is some good porters out there that can make that a great power/weight saw. I don't care for them stock but fully turned up you wouldn't even believe it was the same saw.

Man I hate to see you sell a saw like that! I mean its definitely a cherry little example,.. but if it was your dads?
I have my dads Homelite super XL2 and its not worth spit but no money can buy it.
I hope you find $ laying on the sidewalk and don't have to sell this saw.
Yeah I'm kinda torn on selling it. I've held onto it since he passed in 2014. I inherited a ton of tools, tractors and farm equipment from him and this is the only thing I don't use. I have kept everything else. I have some nerve damage in my wrists and it just hurts to use it. The newer saws with spring av are about I use anymore

And if you selling it cause it needs more power there is some good porters out there that can make that a great power/weight saw. I don't care for them stock but fully turned up you wouldn't even believe it was the same saw.
It's not really a power thing, it's the vibes. Its actually pretty strong as is, one of the good early ones. If it didn't kill my wrists I would never part with it, but it might have had 1 tankfull through it since 2014. The newer spring av saws are just alot easier on me to run.

I love both my 026's. Sorry to hear you aren't able to use it.
Yeah I'm kinda torn on selling it. I've held onto it since he passed in 2014. I inherited a ton of tools, tractors and farm equipment from him and this is the only thing I don't use. I have kept everything else. I have some nerve damage in my wrists and it just hurts to use it. The newer saws with spring av are about I use anymore
They are good saws. Simple to work on and dependable as gravity.
i wish i had it! i have one exactly like it. only never sat running on concrete idling. bot NIB 1997. do you know what year it was purchaed in? mine cose me just shy of $400 bck then. runs like a top. looks even better, nary a scratch on it. original bar, original chain. original owner! one carb overhaul. fires right up. with a sharp chain makes plenty of sawdust n chips fast! uh-huh...

wish i had it. then i would have 2! one stock and one would get modded up! ~

i have a nice case for it, too
1693286076996.png

uh-huh!

i wish i had it! i have one exactly like it. only never sat running on concrete idling. bot NIB 1997. do you know what year it was purchaed in? mine cose me just shy of $400 bck then. runs like a top. looks even better, nary a scratch on it. original bar, original chain. original owner! one carb overhaul. fires right up. with a sharp chain makes plenty of sawdust n chips fast! uh-huh...

wish i had it. then i would have 2! one stock and one would get modded up! ~

i have a nice case for it, too
View attachment 1108378

uh-huh!

I hate to sell this saw, but it just never gets used. It belonged to my Dad, he bought it new. It has never been used much, the concrete floor in his basement did more to hurt the paint than use did. The bar is the one that came on it new. Other than a carb rebuild in 2012 it has never had a bolt turned on it. Asking 350 plus actual shipping.
Do you still have the saw up for sale? I have one just like it and wouldn't mind having another. I'm in Wilmington, are you close?

Back