372xpw 75cc CYLINDER QUESTION

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a cylinder that should be a 372xpw 75cc.I don't know if its an early one or latter.Anyone know?Heres the numbers and letters on the jug.

7 K
502K6
W5T
Mahale
V
A5

I have three of the 75cc cylinders and all mine say:

50ZK6

W6+

Are you sure yours says "T" and not "+"?

Mahle usually marks an oversize cylinder with a + sign.

Rechecked mine and its the same as yours.Is it the one with the good port timing?And I have seen some with 372xpw and 375xp on the recoil cover.Did they make them both ways?

Last edited:
and jj are any of those cylinders in need of a loving home such as mine?

None of these belong to me personally. One is off my brother's saw, two are already headed out to or are committed to customers.

Rechecked mine and its the same as yours.Is it the one with the good port timing?And I have seen some with 372xpw and 375xp on the recoil cover.Did they make them both ways?

The 375 recoil logo was available from the factory after the 372XPW was already introduced. People have been buying the stickers
and retrofitting. I haven't seen a 375 chainsaw sold new in a dealership, or one marked as a 375. I've only seen the 372XPW.
These run ok stock but like Terry said, they run a lot better after they've been worked over.

None of these belong to me personally. One is off my brother's saw, two are already headed out to or are committed to customers.

The 375 recoil logo was available from the factory after the 372XPW was already introduced. People have been buying the stickers
and retrofitting. I haven't seen a 375 chainsaw sold new in a dealership, or one marked as a 375. I've only seen the 372XPW.
These run ok stock but like Terry said, they run a lot better after they've been worked over.

I have the 372xpw on the recoil now but also have the 375xp decal.I will be trying to port this one myself with some help.Already have the triple port muffler figured out.One on the top one on the side and one on the front.

I have three of the 75cc cylinders and all mine say:

50ZK6

W6+

Are you sure yours says "T" and not "+"?

Mahle usually marks an oversize cylinder with a + sign.

I just picked one up with a slightly different designation and am wondering what the variable may mean...

It's a 50ZK6 with a +A4 designation just above the main number and a 2H and a W1 sort of randomly stamped on the right side of the cylinder as you're looking at both sets of numbers.

I hope to use it one way or another on a 371XP I recently snagged that has some minor top end damage and could use a slight "freshening up." If it's indeed a BB cylinder, all the better!

TIA for any info.

If the cylinder is stihl on the chainsaw, you can measure the bore by removing the muffler and sticking a pencil in the exhaust and clamping just enough on the pencil with the piston to put a mark on it. Then measure the pencil to see what the bore is.

If the cylinder is stihl on the chainsaw, you can measure the bore by removing the muffler and sticking a pencil in the exhaust and clamping just enough on the pencil with the piston to put a mark on it. Then measure the pencil to see what the bore is.

It's off the saw (and I use a swizzle stick or popsicle stick)...

When I said "I just picked it up", I meant I just picked it up! It's on the seat of my truck and that's why I haven't measured it yet or posted any pics.

More interested in clarification of the numbering than anything else at this point.

:cheers:

I do not have a 75 but I was looking at a 72 and 65 cylinder and there was no difference in the casting numbers on the two I was looking at.

You're looking for this on your cylinder :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

9e5a8c4c.jpg

You're looking for this on your cylinder :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

You mean the blue ink anyone could put on it, or the rest of the saw?:dizzy:

Thought I did pretty well with just the muffler and a/v spring attached to it for 10 bux -- even if it is for 365.

:cheers:

No doubt 10 bucks is a good deal for what you got ;)

Latest posts

Back