• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 372XT for a 385/390

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
Reaction score
just throwing this out there to see what might turn up. i will get pics of the 372 tomorrow but if you can picture a new 372 you know what it looks like. i am realizing i need the balls of 90cc for the work i do (after running my 385 today) 6' tree's are to much for a 70cc saw LOL so figure the easiest way to get that is trade. i may sell the 372 to buy a 390 though. i'm hoping to find someone who bought a 390 then decided it was to much saw and wants to downsize to a 372. 372 already has a muffler mod done and doesn't even have 1 tank on a new warranty topend. saw had a couple tanks prior. top end was not replaced cause it blew up. it was replaced because a strato port was not cast into the cylinder. factory defect that slipped past quality control. anyways all is well and other then a few marks on the front of the muffler (no dents) it is pretty much a new saw. muffler has been opened up underneath the factory deflector, still retains the spark screen, and is stock appearing. let me know if you are interested. saw has full wrap and large dawgs which i expect trade saw to have as it is much to expensive to be buying these items after the fact. if someome for some reason wants it to be a half wrap i can install a new one instead of the full wrap. 100% OEM

Here's a pic for tonight. Not sure what's happening with this saw yet. A trade for a 385/390 is preferred. This thing is absolutely ****'n mint.

276874f3724d4cdaa040d70a7b3b39ff.jpg

traded my 576 for a 390 stash. still have this 372 and will keep it as a second growth saw unless someone steps forward with a 390XPW

Yeah, but they are heavy and loud, and vibrate too much. :chainsaw:
I've never thought they vibrated that bad at all, heavy not too bad and loud? No worse then any other saw that's opened up. Heck I just threw the 42" cannon bar on mine again and it's not horrible at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Almost sounds like good wood for a 395.

as clint said, it ain't happening LOL i could carry that 395 but i don't want to. the 70cc saws do ok but can't be pushed like the bigger saws. i also like the inboard clutch, chain tensioner, and tooless removed air filter of the 385/390's. it's not like all stands are big wood like that but alot of them are. heck, some even bigger. even some of the second growth here is getting pretty big. i only know 1 guy running a 395 currently.

as clint said, it ain't happening LOL i could carry that 395 but i don't want to. the 70cc saws do ok but can't be pushed like the bigger saws. i also like the inboard clutch, chain tensioner, and tooless removed air filter of the 385/390's. it's not like all stands are big wood like that but alot of them are. heck, some even bigger. even some of the second growth here is getting pretty big. i only know 1 guy running a 395 currently.
I feel you there even our second growth down here is getting big.

I feel you there even our second growth down here is getting big.

there's some white wood stands that are full of residuals yet they are hard to pick out because the seconds grew so fast they are close to the same size.

I have gotten some tire kickers on this saw and am going to consider half wrap 385/390's in trade as well as long as the saw is worth it to spend some money setting it up for the coast. Something low hour. 372 doesn't even have a tank on it.

6132938a3d09353f22f812c70995016b.jpg

54a27c0bd94b70ff182993f175c00dc7.jpg

537c2e6995ee6d1b178ddc8b068bf398.jpg

Latest posts

Back