385 Husky Mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

385XP

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hi Im New Here And Was Wondering About 385 Husky Muffler Mods What Is The Best Way To Do Them ?

Welcome to ArboristSite.

You get the most gains by modding, or opening up, your muffler. This allows the saw to breath better. Since your saw is now capable of passing more air through the engine you will have to richen up the fuel mixture. If you do not do this you will more than likely damage or seize the piston in the cylinder in an over heated condition called a lean seize. The carburetor will have tabs on the plastic limiter caps to prevent you from turning the mixture screws past a very narrow point. You have to cut these tabs off so that you can regain full adjustment back from the evil EPA. Do a search on modding mufflers and see what you might come up with. Your question is a very commonly asked one here. :cheers:

dp muffler

Mod the muffler..........I didn't do my 385 yet though, as I need to break it in more. I haven't got to really cut for a month or so, the last I really cut was finishing up a logging job, a month or so ago. But as you can see in my sig, all my other saws have modded mufflers.:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back