385 spanks the 372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im really liking the dang thing.
I like them to 4 stroke easy while being worked hard. Ill iftem lift just to make sure im still running how I like.
Last cut with 372 I actually leaned it out alittle but by then it didnt matter cause chain was dull.
3 or 5 cuts is all I get in this wood and chains need sharpened.
385 is wearing a 28 372 a 32ass backwords lol. Wood size matters more than chain length.

Ive got the urge for a 500i so ive decided to build my trusty saw again.
Was 44/064 last will be a 44/46 this time.
Cylinder onnit has a big nasty groove from 064 piston going bad. The next is a Virgin 46 cylinder with 046 Meteor.

Very clean cylinder. Trying to decide id I do any grinding or run it pig rich as is with the rest of the farm animals.

500i I wanted with a 28 light bar almost seems silly to invest 1500 when I have a great 44 platform that might actually work better than a 500
20221225_191421.jpg

I dont dissagree.
Well I feel 385 is close. Or closer than 372
One thing I do know is these saws run well ive had a few go down but never because tuned lean

Definitely way different than fir I normaly cut.
Im suprised you guys cant tell what ive done to the chains through the computer screen ;)

The farm animals received a christmas gift.
20221227_174344.jpg.

In the pic thats my 15ish year old 28" also a stihl bar.

Bar will need some carbide bur tuning to fit the orange saws but man is nice and light compto the old one.

Back