385XP after use

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thumper15

thumper15

ArboristSite Lurker
WOW about sums it up. I bought the 385XP that I posted about last month on a partial trade and cash deal. Took it out today cutting wood with a freind and comparing it to my old 041AV is like night and day. Specs being stihl 041AV with 24" bar, Husqvarna 385XP 28" bar.For one I have never used anything bigger than the Stihl but this thing hauls it. We were cutting dozed timber and got to a 4' Black Locust solid tree so I decided to see how it cut the base. This being before a tune up and new chain it still had no problems in the tree. One friend said I basically stole the saw for what I had in it, and the other offered to buy it. I don't think that will happen anytime soon. Tomorrow it's going to the husqvarna dealer for a tune up and new chain, and can't wait to see how it cuts then. Might have to get my hands on an 066 to really compare but I am more than happy with the 385XP.

DanManofStihl

DanManofStihl

ArboristSite Guru
Glad to see you like the saw. I love my modded 066 everyone that has used my saw brags about the speed of the thing. The 066s rule the woods for the big stuff around here.

Latest posts